“Amazing top secret portable music workstation”

Maybe it’s a new Polyend unit so you can actually sample on the Play :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I know you can’t run audio into it to sample, but can it sample internally?

Edit: decided to not be lazy and look it up. Doesn’t look like it can, from what I’m reading. Maybe that was a dumb question

1 Like

Literally.

3 Likes

Maybe the Maschine Plus is for you… It does follow the Ableton scheme of sessions and arrangements. I really dig that box.

Edit: And it has an easy sampler onboard of course.

He drives a Tesla, so I guess he’s gotta a right to lecture us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There is an interview (in Polish) with Piotr from Polyend that appeared just before the release of the Play, which we discussed here.

I’ve now listened to it again and in it Piotr mentions that at Polyend they are working on a mini version of their two devices (showing on Tracker and Play). And they are being made with mobility in mind - meaning a built in battery and microphone.

As Benn seems to have a close relationship with Polyend, so I think this is what we see in his videos and it could be a mini version of either the Tracker or the Play (or both).

9 Likes

Part of why I really hope an Octatrack Mk3 will have track’s audio available as a source for the waveform of LFOs, would allow for all kinds of FM fun as well as the usual sidechaining stuff people like to do.

2 Likes

But they’ve just released that Smpltrek thing which looks veeery similar. I don’t think it’s from them

2 Likes

In which case, I’m tempering all expectations after the Play debacle

Debacle? What did I miss?

A sense that Polyend over promised & over-hypered, and ultimately underdelivered.
Perhaps “debacle” is too strong a word, but the sense of disappointment hanging over the device is pretty obvious

3 Likes

More fuel to the theory this might be from Polyend and some form of portable/minii version of the Tracker

5 Likes

That is one thick iPad.

3 Likes

So humble with it too.

4 Likes

It’s exactly the same type of video he did before the release of the Play so it makes sense for it to be Polyend.

A mini Tracker with a built in battery would be a must buy for me.

6 Likes

Is it just me, doesnt it seem really weird that they are using a USB-A connection?

This would most probably mean that it’s a usb host, no?

Sure there could be more usb connections at the bottom, but still.

A Kindle DAW with touch paper-white screen, Alexa assistant, and built in PDF manuals for all your favourite gear? Radical.

Edit - and it would definitely fit in your back pocket.

13 Likes

And automatic push of your music to Amazon Music. No other streaming services supported. And Amazon own copyright to your music.

1 Like

How big is that guy’s feet?!

1 Like

@Fin25 Edit - fixed it

8 Likes