“Amazing top secret portable music workstation”

Not familiar with this person so no idea what beef he has with brands.

1 Like

Back pocket is a bit of a stretch, maybe if I find some of those enormous jeans roller bladers used to wear in the 90s.

7 Likes

You’re probably better off

3 Likes

The Jnco’s are making a come back!

3 Likes

I wish someone did a focused sampler. Knob per function, one track, AM, FM, granular, timestretch, stereo, disc streaming. Just a work station for manipulating samples (long, short, chains) in really intrinsic ways.
Everyone has been and continue to do groovebox samplers. Why not try something new. I mean mono synths exists, why can’t mono samplers?

9 Likes

well this is the year of the sampler, I’m still holding out for more goodies by the light of day

Like a hardware version of abletons Sampler. Would be totally rad.

But then, I’ve got a laptop with abelton on it, and so do lots of people. :man_shrugging:

Whatever it is seams to have a built in mic. As much as I love my 404MKII, I sure do miss the SX mic. Look forward to seeing what this is!

1 Like

I like that it’s so damn thin, with even the most modest of sampling features and some good pads it would do well, unless it’s 799 zillion dollars

1 Like

Agreed!

Maybe a SP-101 with stripped down functionality

Not chunky enough for Roland.

2 Likes

I know, one can wish!

How much is a zillion? If it’s more than a million, then I’m out. That’d be a ridiculous price.

2 Likes

Yeah! More of this please. Especially FM! Not enough samplers do FM/phase modulation, and I really love FM-ing samples with samples – I especially like using a sample as a modulator, because its amplitude variations become almost like a built-in modulation envelope. It can be done easily on a computer, but I would love a standalone hardware solution.

4 Likes

A zillion is only one more xillion than 11,780 xillion which comes out to about 999, 000 dollars :grin:

1 Like

No shit?!? I’m in! To whom do I write the check?

3 Likes

‘fuck yeah, we gotta customer jr’

ok, just make the check out to Former First Family Bank of America, but please make sure you use all caps so you can get the all cap discount that will apply to your next purchase

2 Likes

Could it be the smaller new MPC?

1 Like

judging by the minimalistic design its a polyend product for sure

1 Like