Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: The different MachineDrums?

just recently upgraded my mkII to the UW and itā€™s like a whole new machineā€¦ probably my favourite piece of hardware ever. will never give it up

8 Likes

But the question now is, will you ever let it down?

Or even, would you turn around and desert it?

10 Likes
off topic

[doing crossword]

Me: emphatic no; five letters
Wife: never

Me: pistol; three letters
Wife: gun

Me: disgust; three letters
Wife: ugh

Me: charity; four letters
Wife: give

Me: female sheep; three letters
Wife: ewe

Me: Pixar movie; two letters
Wife: Up

10 Likes

lol it took me a minute :joy:

2 Likes

Finally got a MD MKII UW+ after lusting for one for over 3 years.
The absolute pinnacle of Elektron machines. Definitely something special :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

you are NOT alone. I have both RYTM and MD and I had the MD for 8years now and It is superior.

2 Likes

Me too. I have both but hardly use Rytm, it would be the first one to go.

2 Likes

Same here, I spent many hours of fun with the Rytm (my first Elektron), but now I got the MD and MnM itā€™s sleeping in its box. Maybe it will come to life again one day, I just canā€™t sell it.

Just saw that today is my 3 year anniversary with my Machinedrum. A piece of gear that totally changed my setup. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

basically i registered today just to say: in my 14 years of having the MD i never knew or found out the FUNC + knob twist trick. i kinda feel like an idiot now.

and to add to the praising in this thread, i think that iā€™m gonna state in my will that i want to be buried with my MD, that thing is just unmatched.

11 Likes

Control All?
No, at the contrary, youā€™re not an idiot anymore!
Enjoy! :grinning:
Did you use the CTRL ALL machine?

Lots of tricks here :
http://tarekith.com/assets/machinedrum_tipsandtricks.htm

Maybe my last record with MD. Iā€™m about to sell it. Boring to change machines, tune (even with OT + midi processor), boring lfo assignments (especially for MID and CTR machines), clickyā€¦

Iā€™m planning to get the DN. Pretty sure Iā€™ll have more pleasure and even better drums sounds. Maybe AR MKI later.

EFM BD, 4 voices. Sequenced by OT + midi processor (notes to pitch). Iā€™d need different tune settings for each machine ! Would be straight forward with DN.

11 Likes

Youā€™ll miss it! Such a wonderful machine. If you can find a way to keep it, you should IMO :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, especially if I have a DN and / or an AR !

Mainly frustrations with it. Not enough lfos for me. I need 2 or 3 per machines. Lfos for MID machines donā€™t work unless you use a CTR8P that donā€™t have lfo! Not finished product.
A good example, you canā€™t send a CC1 with a MID machine. It goes from 0 to 2 directly.

Better results sequenced by OT with a midi processor but that hurts my brainā€¦midi implementation is an hassle. I even use sysex to change machines.

giphy%20(2)

3 Likes

Sounds goes pretty well with the picture :smiley:
Wait for a month, letā€™s talk about it in June : Iā€™ll bring all the machines and youā€™ll be able to test them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was just thinking the same thingā€¦

:slight_smile: will you?
Iā€™m already sure about AR, Iā€™ll test DNā€¦

Iā€™ve got doubts since more the beginning, 15 months ago!

Hmm, I sold 2 MD and kind of regret both times, but I guess it was right thing to do and perhaps my fondness for it is based around a few of its killer features, but not enough to outweigh its shortcomings in my setup - I still think it has far better BD than AR by far.

2 Likes