The different MachineDrums?

Hmm judging from the pictures, I think this is the non UW version ā€¦

I would suggest you to search for some UW demonstrations (for how it can sound) and then decide if itā€™s a feature you cannot miss.
After seeing some Allerian stuffā€¦I was completely sold :heart_eyes:

But even without UW, Machinedrum itā€™s an amazing box of tricks

2 Likes

Yeah, I always reflect back to his Swiss Mountain Music demonstration when thinking of the UW.

3 Likes

Non-UW is still fine. Though it, by default, doesnā€™t come with the +drive, so youā€™re going to have to keep that thing near constantly plugged up to your computer midi interface for backing up because you donā€™t have any extra projects.

And with all the synth engines in that monster(and the unfortunate shortcoming of workibg strictly with lots as far as presets are concerned) youā€™re going to fill up all the available patterns trying things out and exploring(I say this to the favor of the MD)

Itā€™s a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Machine- and a non-UW is better than no UW at all.

But you will probably want a UW at some point. (Field recording percussion just sounds amazing running it through its engines and resampling really offers a whole world of possibility)

UW MKI is missing. :wink:
It has 32 steps only. Not the same PSU.
It was made before MKII (non UW).
+Drive let you have snapshots, hence more than 128 projects.
So MKII UW+ is the best!

MKII non UW has 64 steps.
UW MKI has 32 steps. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey! Me too! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m 14 and you?
I became father at 8! :crazy_face:

1 Like

That soundsā€¦awkward :smiley:

Edit:

To multiply before you learn about multiplication

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies ā€¦
I think I am just gonna try to traded it for some of the stuff I am not using

Best idea!

rarely works though :slight_smile:
They said no trades

So is it a non uw mkI?
What is the price?
You can buy it and eventually buy an UWMKII+ laterā€¦

Here

Tabernacle! :wink:
Doesnā€™t seem a really good price if itā€™s US dollars. In France I saw some MKI at 450-550ā‚¬.

1 Like

thatā€™s the Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII (2007)
Itā€™s canadian dollars and 450ā‚¬ is roughly 685 CAD :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought it seemed alright. Only 50 dollar markup from them going out of existence.

But 650 Canadian?! Iā€™m tempt to loan @khaled the money to get it :smiley:

4 Likes

haha :totes:
Well truth to be told, I traded my Phenol for a eurorack case last month and most of my cash have been going towards buying modules, most of which come next week actually ā€¦ thatā€™s mostly why I am hesitating but I think I am going to hold off for now and focus on my system ā€¦ maybe start selling some of the stuff collecting dust

1 Like

MKII for 450 USD is much more interesting.
And it can trigger modular!

1 Like

Iā€™m trying not to be too evangelical, but this is absolutely right- and the seller is a saint for letting it go for so cheap- I like to think of myself as a decent person, but I wouldnā€™t let a MK2 go for that little

1 Like

and can be triggered by the modular! easy way to get around sequencer limitations of MD with the right choice of companion modules. Iā€™ve been meaning to set up a small modular to go with MDUW where it would act as master clock and sequencer, but it would receive at least 1 trigger stream derived from the modular so as to spice things up a bit

edit: and also can be trigger to MIDI converter!

2 Likes