Akai MPC One [ Retired : Search for MPC Thread ]

Oh boy… that lack of multitimbral midi input, bidirectional midi-over-usb, AND midi mapping of global functions…grrrrr Akai, grrrr.

The strange thing that just won‘t go into my head is…why? You’re doing everything else, why skimp on these basics?!

But you’re right, the air effects are really great, and of course it is a very good machine when one gives in to its idiosyncrasies.

How does the selection and editing work on the MPC1000? Ive also thought that a selection via q-links would help on the new Akai platform.

Not shure how they should implement multitimbral midi input. Since the new platforms could have more tracks than midi channels. At least on the Force that i use.

On the MPC live you get two midi inputs, that’s 32 midi channels. Maybe implement an option to assign any midi input channel to any track up into you reach your limit. Also an auto channel like Elektron of course.

Akai mpc one

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: FaderFox EC4

Ok and fair enough if you prefer the old one. My 1000 always had iffy tacts on the buttons, so maybe that affected my judgement… But still, for my usual use case on it - editing a single note in an otherwise flawless “take” - the pianorolls of old felt very clunky. One my live and force, I just rectangle that sucker and nudge start/end with the datawheel, done.

However, I would never even consider “mousing a melody in” with the current piano rolls, that would end in disaster. I prefer playing my lines in anyhow, if I want to “program” a melody in I am better off using an elektron box for that :nyan:

1 Like

So obvious…didn’t think of that. That’s a great idea!

I have this “squishy” pen that werks on an iPhone. I’m gonna try that out!

Good call man :+1:t6:

Yeah, it got to be something like that. At first i also thought about how Elektron solved it, but quickly realized it would be a little more to it on the Akai´s. Time will tell if they do something about it. From what ive read, only the MPC4000 has multitimbral midi in.

1 Like

For the MPC to truly be the center of a modern studio this needs to happen.

1 Like

Question re: that vid I posted here. The guy makin beats on the MPC60…
He samples the records at a higher speed to save on memory then slows it down in the MPC. Sounds awesome.
The question: does the old MPC handle time warp better. I don’t know what the ratio difference in BMP between 33 and 45rpm, but I saw a vid where they warped samples on the One (i think it’s the Loopop vid) and warping didn’t seem to be able do go too far before getting all aliased.

Not that we need to record shorter sample times with all the memory we have now. I just liked how it sounded.

1 Like

I for one def prefer 1000 jjos to the live… quicker workflow…

It doesn’t do it at all. :slight_smile:

:man_facepalming:t6: ha ha ha

well that dude is recording a 33rmp at 45rmp and slowing it down to save on Rec Mem.
so what I meant was… :slight_smile: …time stretch

I dunno why I’m asking, when I can just freakin try it myself. fuuuu, lazy asshole

It’s called pitch

1 Like

It just pitches the sample down so it plays back slower. Those old MPCs can’t change pitch and duration independently in realtime.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t6::man_facepalming:t6::man_facepalming:t6:
im tired

3 Likes

Patiently waiting for mine to arrive in the UK. I can’t freaking wait, it ticks all the boxes. Reading your posts make me even more impatient! Anybody else in the UK waiting for their One?
Was told early April by Gak music. Not too long now anyway… hopefully!

3 Likes

That 60 pitching samples down, you aint getting that sound without one hehe

Those old boards had a sound to them right

1 Like

…there’s the emulator in the Live [I assume the One has it as well] in the effects section.