Acoustic Drum Samples

Hey,

I wonder if anyone has nice acoustic drum samples that sound good in analog rytm.

Regards,
John.

1 Like

I have used natural sounds from Soundsnap before. You do have to pay for them though.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a RYTM, and you may have to search the thread for a good link, but I love using these acoustic drum samples by Paul from Morcheeba in the MDUW and OT: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-production/913088-free-morcheeba-beat-treats.html

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

Iā€™ve tested of this samplesā€¦It just donā€™t sound or feel right through the Analog Rytm

The only time an acoustic drum sounds right is when itā€™s being played by a live drummer in a bar with a guitarist and a singer, and youā€™re there in the evening with a beer in your hand, surrounded by the soft murmur of people chatting.

Iā€™m sure you could find some free ones on freesound.org . I resampled many hits from NIā€™s 60ā€™s drum kit and NIā€™s vintage drums, which work nicely.

2 Likes

My favourite ā€œacousticā€ sample collection of all time has got to be rawcutz super pack, several gigs of gritty atmospheric drums, chords & music hits (like literally 1000s of musical hits) and loops. Very trip hop & hip hop oriented but if you like them then there is years (perhaps decades) of use in them.

3 Likes

Check out https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com

5 Likes

Bump!

Any new acoustic drums sample packs to advise ? Iā€™m looking for one-shots oriented breakbeat/funk.

Loop Loftā€™s Matt Cameron & Simon Phillips are by far the best acoustic kits I have found.

I play my AR samples with my Yamaha e-kit, so Acoustic drums are my primary need.

Anyone with other suggestions would be great.

2 Likes

Quite liking these, although I havenā€™t tried them in my rytm yet:

I think I got the 60s surfer drums, the one with the EMT140 plate ambience (that can be mixed in or not, the same kit also dry within)

3 Likes
1 Like

Went to the site but didnā€™t see a way to get any samplesā€¦

See the ā€œI WANT THISā€ buttons? Those are the buy buttons. Why they worded em like that, dunnoā€¦

They just released a new pack btw

1 Like

Lexicon has been on my gear wanted like st forever. Not sure how those tape impulses or whatever Lexicon being sold could be used on my recordings.

Iā€™m guessing they are impulse response files. Youā€™d need an impulse response reverb plugin/app to use them. There are many of those around, logic has one (space designer), Max4live has oneā€¦ VST/AU plugins or IR reverbs are also available, Altiverb is a famous one, IIRC there is even a free one called SIR, and probably othersā€¦ Iā€™m not up-to-date on all the choices available nowadays.

As for hardware, Iā€™m not sure I know of a single unit that can work as an IR reverb

tsutek,

Thanks for the knowledge. Helps a lot cause I am all hardware, no plugins.

Anyone find any new sources for great acoustic drum samples?

Ya might find some decent stuff on ā€˜I Want That Soundā€™. Hereā€™s one acoustic pack.

And some free Ludwig samples from a Kontakt kit.

If you google spicific drum brands like Ludwig or Zildjian more will pop out for yaā€¦

1 Like

Is it possible to use EZ Drummer .wav files in the AR2?