Ableton Live 11

If so it’s eluded me for 8 years

2 Likes

Cheers. Was just wondering if they incorporated this into live 11 yet. I’m sure I remember seeing bitwig could do this.

Wondering if anyone might have the Max for Live device Thresho created by Ross From Friends. If so, could you please share the .amxd? The link is down on the m4l site. Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to up it!

2 Likes

Sent!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Oh dag, could you pass that on?

I would love a copy of this too if possible.

Haha what is it some kind of tape LOFI thing?

Edit: oh that’s cool and useful.

@thermionic @handed sent!

Would it be ok to put this in the public file storage area? Or just to put it in the thread here? It’s a free device after all.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, super appreciated. :slight_smile:

I imagine Thresho could be useful for a lot of people here. I’m already planning to use it to generate a bunch of samples from my Nord Drum 2 and 3P…

2 Likes

Just curious. What is this device about ?

It’s an automatic threshold-based recorder. Handy, although I haven’t used it for a while.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6171/thresho

3 Likes

Nice !
I have made something similar in the past, but probably clumsier.

1 Like

Safer in not incuding the 50 gigs of samples :slight_smile:

I could try to reach the artist to see if they’re okay with it?

Bought Ableton Suite 11.

Not used Ableton for a while. Do people install all the Packs or is a lot of it fluff

1 Like

Depends on how you think and work, are you capable of dealing with large data sets like tens of thousands of third party samples or hundreds of third party patches?

Or does it have you strugglin’ further with the cognitive load?

If you enjoy the additional material to synthetize your output, great!

I rarely hate Ableton packs, but I have a hard time balancing the scale of components with writing more original music.

It’d be great if I was building up a DJ set, I guess?

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the loops, but I would say the drum kits are a really solid and broad collection. I use them all the time.

1 Like

I install all the packs. I paid for them right - there’s a lot of good stuff in them

2 Likes

I’m with you there’s lots of useful stuff in the packs, I don’t use the loops much either tbh, but there some great one shot bread butter sounds in there, also I haven’t bothered with the multisampled instruments apart from a taiko drums pack…

Just an update for anyone that had wanted to dl Thresho. I sent an IG message to RFF and he just fixed the link on the m4l site, so it’s here now:

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6171/thresho

Still, thank you to @Mistercharlie for coming through!

9 Likes