Ableton Live 11

That’s rad! Good on them.

2 Likes

Fantastic, good news for all

1 Like

Just checking in a few months later. What’s the verdict on live 11 and m1 chips?

I’ve got a MacBook air and not sure if I’m willing to upgrade to live 11 to test it out.

Currently on 10 with a windows desktop.

It’s very stable, IMHO. I’m running the 90 days trial version and it’s rocksteady. I’m actually holding on, hoping they’ll come up with a discount… :slight_smile:
I’m on a Mini M1 with digiface USB, running lowest possible buffer with no problems at all.

1 Like

The trial!!! Ofcourse!

Will sorting out asap. Will need to make a new account I guess.

I’ve had zero issues. Mac Book Air here, and no fan + ableton 11 is just great, should say, been running it months, and not one issue, which is weird (but good weird)

1 Like

Black Friday usually 25%off

How you rocking the digiface?

Isn’t the lack of buttons limiting ?

edit: assuming you’re using the digitale usb

It’s the digiface USB, connected to two ferrofish 16 i/o converters via ADAT. It’s set & go really. The headphone out is very good too. I don’t need any buttons or knobs really. There’s no room either, as the thing is extremely tiny (and nicely build) :slight_smile:

Aah I see. But how to control the main volume?

You can control all parameters with total fx software.
If you are in a DAW, you usually control almost everything from inside the DAW.
This interface is a godsend, I was able to give my two focusrite PRO40 a new life. Added a ferrofish pulse 16, now I have 32 I/O’s with RME excellent drivers. Top

The 11.2 Beta is fantastic. iOS AUv3 support (Drambo! Moog apps!) and automatically following the default macOS sound device are huge upgrades for my workflow.

Sorry if I’ve missed it earlier in the thread, does anyone know when 11.2 will release for the main non-beta build of Ableton?

4 Likes

11.1 took nearly half a year, though I imagine that was due in large part to the architecture change for Apple Silicon. Still, AUv3 is a major addition to the plugin system, so it could drag testing out too.

1 Like

There is currently a 25% discount on the Ableton website. Active until June 14th.

3 Likes

Maybe they can just get my PC version out faster :wink:

Thanks for posting this! I looked this weekend for a discount, so I could’ve well missed out. Updated to Suite 11 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry I missed your question. You can control via Totalmix in software (and use a Midi controller or the USB device RME makes for this) but I use a separate hardware monitor controller (Palmer).

For packs, not Live 11 licenses.
Just not to give expectations on Live 11.

1 Like

Discount on Live and upgrades as well as far as I can tell!

Yep, it’s 25% on Live too. Finally I’m going to upgrade from 10 to 11. :smiley:

4 Likes