Ableton Live 11

thats interesting… I don’t remember that in the Beta perhaps a last minute issue?

OR
of course, I could have totally missed it in the beta … I tend to use the hybrid reverb… which I assume is working.

1 Like

Yes, Hybrid Reverb of course.
I tend to use it over CR. Less (not) buggy, and can load CR’s IRs.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Hybrid will do it for my needs!

2 Likes

Wow, this is super neat. Much has happened in the beta in terms of stability only in the last month, so this is a nice step!

1 Like

Hybrid Verb is great for blending a little algorithmic reverb in with funkier IRs. It’s the weird reverb tool I always wanted.

2 Likes

looking at the Max logs, its seems Convolution is missing some arm64 externals…
so, I suspect we’ll see an update for Live containing for a new Max (for live)

(Cycling74 recently released Max/MSP natively for apple silicon , so I suspect that’ll not be a big issue)

1 Like

11.1 has been released today.

1 Like

oh dear

this beta really took its time eh. I was surprised how much media attention it got… really takes the steam out of the official release

Is anyone using XO or Atlas within Ableton 11?

Does anybody know a way to get the main Ableton Drum Hits library into either XO or Atlas?

hmm, I think they’re kind of encrypted and cannot be used “outside” Ableton

Balls… I thought that might be the answer, it’d be too good to be true otherwise.
Ok, thanks.

Yea they’ve protected them. If you really like certain sounds you could bounce each step out but that’s a lot of work. There have been many times I’m on my MPC and Maschine and thought about the live suite library

2 Likes

by the way 11.1 is officially out :pray::star_struck:

1 Like

convolution reverb pack is now updated too. check 11.1’s browser.

Feels like the wait for native Apple silicon support has been so long that I’ve switched over to Bitwig for good now. Just tried 11.1 and it’s ok but not enough to make me want to use it again.

YMMV if you’ve bought into the whole Max/Push ecosystem of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s odd, not on my end?!

Glitchiness on my intel Mac seems to have been fixed. Live is usable again :slight_smile:

it said ‘updates available’ at the bottom of the browser>packs here. updated directly from there.

1 Like

Base CPU usage in previous versions of Live was around 27%. Now it’s 5%.

So all good here :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks! didn’t see that haha