Ableton Live 11

I don’t think this is the case, if you open Finder and go to the Go menu > Go to Folder, then paste /Applications/Ableton Live 11 Suite.app/Contents/App-Resources/Core Library/Samples and press the “Go” button, I think they are all there.

Not sure what the equivalent location on Windows is but I assume you could find them by searching for a known file name e.g. “Kick Blue Room.wav”

3 Likes

hmm… seems like you are right! Last time I tried to rip a kit it was definitely protected … converted one .aif to .wav – though I feel like there is a trap somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If I remember I’ll give it a try when I can too. It was definitely encoded/protected at one point. The software would create the map but wouldn’t play the samples

1 Like

Core Library samples are useable outside of Live (not sure if this is new or not) but all other Packs’s samples are locked.

3 Likes

That’ll be what I encountered. Was the packs I was trying to map a while back.

Brilliant! Got them in XO and Atlas now!

Another cheeky request, has anyone created an Ableton Drum Rack for Atlas with the individual outs in a chain?

Good things…

Now please Push 3 standalone + Push 3 mini vesrion to travel around and perform without laptop…

5 Likes

The performance improvement is very noticeable. On my 2017 iMac Pro I was getting 27-30% CPU on single tracks sometimes. Now I am running at 3-5% depending on what’s going on. Thank you ableton.

3 Likes

I was having some pretty major CPU issues as well on a 2018 intel Mini. Just installed the update and I’m seeing similar improvements.

It’s been pretty bad since 11 came out on and off honestly. Hopefully this will take care of the major performance issues/bugs🤞🏻

Now just give me ARA2 and I’ll never cheat on you again Ableton Live :kissing_heart:

Edit: Chit chat is nice but I like to add some helpful information as well sooo…

Did you know you can see an overview of plugins on every track in Session view?

Just add -ShowDeviceSlots

To your Options.txt (create it if it doesn’t exist) file in the Ableton Preferences folder.

on Mac: /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 11.1

not sure on Windows but I’m sure someone else can chime in.

note: it’s buggy in that it won’t show the names until you resize the track. I guess since it’s a hidden feature they don’t care about the bugs as much?

It adds a toggle for plugin slots view on the right side:
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.31.28 PM

19 Likes

Having no luck here. Installed and its on for a second then crashes on MacMini 2018 Catalina.

Cant be assed to troubleshoot so Im rolling hack for now.

Not bothered for new features just the stability improvements you guys have mentioned above.

Whoa thanks for that. It’s getting closer to cubase mixconsole.

Also it’s not cheating on your DAW if you are using another DAW to just « edit the audio »

1 Like

Do you all know if it is possible to automate the decay on a clip? What i mean is when you load an audio clip or loop and can select Beat, and then select it to play forwards. It gives you the slider to tighten up the transients. Can you automate that? I cant seem to do it.

I had so much troubles with Catalina that I made a Time Machine backup and tried Monterey.

I made sure all of my hardware had drivers etc… so I wasn’t losing anything important. Monterey turned out to be so much better in my Intel 2018 Mac mini. Might be worth a shot if you back up first and do your research.

I mean technically I cheated on Cubase since she was my first :sweat_smile:

It’s okay, all of my DAW’s know I’m a slut, thats why I still have licenses that are fairly up to date for a few DAW’s :upside_down_face:

I don’t think you’ve ever been able to automate the transient envelope. It would be cool if you could for sure. You could always duplicate the clip and have a bunch of different “preset” values you could jump to though.

3 Likes

haha … that’s what I’m thinking everytime I see that button. Why won’t they just add a little editor … wouldn’t mind to edit in that darn window where the waveform already is. This is not Ableton 3, is it … and I think they could know how to do this since they are developing in kind of that industry if I’m not mistaken :sweat_smile: Sooo what should I open those waveforms in? Bitwig?

1 Like

It took me ages to move up from Mojave. Only did it because I wanted to have Sidecar support. I do try and resist OS upgrades as much as possible.

Its no biggie though. I have performance spikes and the occasional glitch but nothing thats a show stopper.

All that researching is just a ball ache. I will bear it in mind though.

1 Like

I don’t usually move unless I have to either. But, Catalina was really really bad for me and I got fed up enough to give it a shot. I was honestly very surprised by the improvements and I’m still on it right now. Not saying you’ll have the same experience but If you get sick of problems, keep it in mind.

2 Likes

Today I learned when developers say their plugins are M1/Silicon-compatible they mean the plugins work in Rosetta, not that they are native :confused:

Almost all my plugins work, but I’m pretty attached to bx_Townhouse and Goodhertz stuff so I’ll be continuing to use the Intel version. Thankfully my M1 Mini handles that fine, and I’m still going to see how much it can handle with all native stuff.

Yeah, just want Kontakt to pull their finger out now and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

I’d open a support ticket and say they don’t work in 11.1 :upside_down_face: By the way … is there still 11.1 for M1 with Rosetta or is that now either Intel or ARM?

1 Like