Ableton Live 11

Everything in Ableton is a “clip” so I’m afraid I don’t get your question.
If you mean in Session, well, no, there is no comping and I’m not sure how it could be implemented.

1 Like

I think it’s just a good deal. $533 for Suite instead of $749 on Ableton site.

1 Like

Wonder if there would there be additional “Black Friday” discounts from there considering how close we are in date.

Thanks, fair enough. I did mean a ‘clip’ in session mode, and was wondering if it retained the layers if you pasted it into arrangement view. I appreciate the clarification.

1 Like

FWIW, I bought a Reason upgrade from Thomann earlier this year and the service was very good, the email with download codes coming promptly.

2 Likes

Looks dope! I’ve been looking for an easier way to strum, randomize velocity etc

1 Like

Well, there would be no way to stop recording in the background, since the only way would be to record as soon as the track is armed. Also, monitoring is stopped as soon as the clip is playing/looping so in practice it wouldn’t make much sense in my opinion, unless I’m missing something.

1 Like

Happy 22 Ableton! :birthday: :partying_face:

2 Likes

This one should be great with a joystick…

1 Like

Is there any way to have the time grid showing the beats when i’m in 9/4 or any other odd time signature?

huh? pretty sure I was on Silicon version from the beginning and LFO was working, anyone else updated to 11.3.13 and seeing this on their M machines?

1 Like

Nice

Weird. Check if you have Pack updates available ?

New official complaints thread here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ableton-live-12

5 Likes

it’s part of the core since 11 I believe, and yes it’s super weird… I think maybe in 11.3.13 the Max version changed, maybe that’s the reason, either way, LFO is not working at the moment…

1 Like

This free rack will simplify my workflow so much :pray:

4 Likes

Really liked his video, and the guy in general.

3 Likes

Yeah same here, he posts some really valuable content

1 Like

He always offers practical and helpful lessons and demos.

New to Ableton Live and trying to get the hang of the basics. Initially I could set the Arranger view so that it started at an arbitrary point when pressing Space, but halfway in something happened and now it always start playback from the beginning of the song. How do I set it so that it plays from whichever point I click at before playing?

Another question, Ctrl+L seems to (sometimes, not always, not sure why!) toggle the Loop function on/off, but is there a shortcut to start playback from the start of that loop?