Ableton live 10

Because Live already gives you an option to get mono audio within a session via the utility plugin as mentioned. Not sure why it’s so important that you create an actual mono wav file as you still haven’t explained your use case. Or why it’s such a big deal to use an external program to prepare your samples. If it’s about the cost of Sound Forge, there’s always Audacity?

5 Likes

I came from Adobe Audition 2.1 and that was a beast because I can zoom in and zoom out to truncate stuff. Soundforge is my go to tool for the past two years

*You can edit a folder of your sounds to the right audio format. This is great for someone who has a lot of recordings they want to get onto a 24bit sampler (OT) and 16bit (MPC2kXL).

*you can normalize. When I record stuff I do two versions of editing in Soundforge. Regular and normalized.

*you can start from a loop and make your slice points. Then export to your sampler or softsamplers program. With PUSH2 and maschine your slices can’t go with you from sampler to sampler. This is big for me because I can jump from one sampler to the next and mess with the same sample.

*you can save left channel and right channel as separate mono files. This makes it easier for me to manipulate the loop in kontakt or live.

When you are recording two channels you get a better visual of how close you are to clipping.

I wish live could have these features but ableton itself is a playground and sound forge is another playground. I don’t mind working in both because it just works.

1 Like

Great news in my mailbox.
A 200EUR pre-order upgrade to Ableton live 10 suite.
Revamped metronome included.
I. Am. In.

Oh yeah, I loves me some sweet sweet revamped metronome.

The current version of OverBridge is working fine with the latest Ableton 10 beta and my RYTM MK1

3 Likes

found it thanks

I understand that really annoys you, I’m just not sure what the problem with the way ableton creates a “mono” stereo file is causing you? Genuinely interested.

Where did you read that part Mattleaf?

I’m impressed with the Beta so far and think the update path is inevitable for me but I thought I’d keep my money for now; can I do both at the moment?

Yep. Pre-order away. If you use a credit card they’ll charge you $1. Paypal was zip. It doenst sound like a particularly legal agreement either - the receipt in my inbox came with a rather long terms and conditions, which in a round about way said you can cancel if you want to, but not after filling out some forms and emailing ableton etc.

what about renaming banks? For me one of a main drawback when controlling synth vsts from Push

Cheers for that; I guess I’m going that way then.
:smiley:

Ableton are pretty good to deal with. When Push 2 was announced I immediately put my Push 1 into the trade in scheme for a discount. In the week between receiving the 2 and the invoice for final payment I managed to sell my 1 privately for a few £’s more. While Ableton used an odd invoicing system for payment they were very good at correcting things and sorting it all out in a way that never left me without the tools I need for my music. Big thumbs up.

Of course, with the Live 10 upgrade, things are simpler but like @mattleaf says, they only take a quid off you now until the update is released.

4 Likes

I just pre-ordered using paypal, and they don’t charge you at all yet… they just mark your account with a pre-order, and say they will send you an email for payment when it gets released.

Where is this pre Oder thing? I haven’t seen it on the site yet?
And come to think of it, what’s the point, the thing is a download, it’s not gonna run out with in a day of release.

The point is to lock in the price at the current offer. You don’t pay till it ships, but the price will go up later on.

The point is to show investors they have huge first week sales.

2 Likes

Aw, they wanna make money? I thought they were just doing it to be nice

Obviously! They were struggling until now! :wink:

pre-ordered… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have to log in to your ableton account to see the pre-order option

3 Likes