Ableton live 10

dunno if anyone here mentioned it yet, but the pre-order is a kind’ve ‘lock-in’ price. You dont have to pay anything up front right now, just when Live 10 releases next year. click click click. lol. a no-brainer really :slight_smile: Suite upgrade for me was $320

1 Like

Good question because i dont use MPE. Didnt even know there was problem with it.
Otherwise it as been very stable for me on OSX.

I think its a solid announcement, the shadow edit feature is really cool to have, i just wonder why they did not include NPRN support for external HW, that would be cool.

1 Like

Really liking the look of the multiple midi editing. I’m terrible for being lazy and not keeping my bass and kick tight in some songs (amongst other things) and can see this being a really useful tool.

1 Like

If you are registered for the live 9 beta forum you can go to the link here:

https://ableton.centercode.com/project/forum/thread.html?cap=117441743c0b4f74aa9fd9e3637429a6&forid={abec54a5-ed47-409b-9937-711cff0edd81}&topid={41D5A8A3-E606-4AB6-9244-0865A2A09E84}

You may be able to follow this link directly to get in the queue

We will open a queue for public beta testers where we will add testers every day. You will need to click the following link to enter the queue
https://ableton.centercode.com/key/5f116e9f2c31f4e25935
You will receive an email once you have been added to the public beta testers and you will also receive a serial number once this happens.

You have to own a license for Live 9 or 9 Suite

It is a tool, it does its job well. Why try to break it when it is clearly doing it well? I didn’t change any major features but it added on top of the existing ones. I personally welcome it. I try to look from their perspective here. You have a happy customer base, a grow number of users, your product is well known, why deviate from the successful formula. You are definitely entitled to your opinion, I am just trying to open a door here so you can understand where they are.

I hear you. I’m not asking for a complete transformation, just for them to implement requested features (standard in other DAWs) that have been sought after for years. Version 10 and still no comping, no MPE, etc…But people are pumped about the fact that the utility gain plugin now goes to -INF :’[

1 Like

:smiley:

Yeah, that’s pretty funny.

Though- Capture and the new Push 2 features are exciting. #CantWait

Thanks for replying:) I’ll do some more research on the subject but it seems like it might be time to make the switch…

That’s true, but in a mix the sound result is the same , is it not?

I never said anything about ‘‘the mix’’. I talked about a stereo and mono file.

Of course, but to me the end result is making music, so in a mix, in the context of music using the utility device has the same result.
The stereo file will sound the same as if it were mono, same result.

Utility to -inf is actually really useful for me, I use it constantly for volume automation and this always annoyed me a bit. Seems like Live 10 is all about ironing out those little annoyances - I can see the value in stacking up a lot of these small workflow fixes.

Re mono files, I can’t see it being a huge hassle that you have to load an external audio editor for tasks like that - you can link it up within Ableton to bring up the file in your editor in one click, then save it and go back to Live.

1 Like

Ableton live doesn’t have an audio editor?

No. But basically it IS one big ass audio editor.

5 Likes

i use utility for volume automation too and it sucks that you can’t completely kill the signal as it is. -inf isn’t that sexy, but it sure is useful

1 Like

I just assumed an audio editor would be the first thing to be included in a DAW…
I’m kinda shocked ableton doesn’t have one…
(Logic user here)

you do that my man

or how about simply converting it to mono within Live just like you reverse a file with a click of a button? such a fucking simple task and I have a whole different program dedicated just for that.

Yeah sound forge is a peach for detailed edits like that. IMO there’s no point in waiting or expecting Ableton to create something on a par with it, so I just got used to bouncing between the two.

1 Like