Ableton live 10

Launchpad pro perhaps? Though i suspect you’ve considered it :slight_smile:

me too

im sure someone out theres done a mock up, but nah, more like this:

9326B2C5-A064-4C07-93EB-8EAD2385E2AD

bunch of space there to squeeze some buttons in too

Looks alot like the circuit. Think i heard that it worked well with ableton, but i might be mistaken. Cool photoshop though :smiley:

1 Like

just cropped it. Would be cool to actually do a proper mock up though. Maybe even ditch the touch strip to fit a few more buttons

id honestly also love the buttons above and below the screen to be touch capacitive, more of a tap than a push. almost like the Macbook touch bar

1 Like

I think somebody said it up-thread, but yeah, an Ableton Push keyboard could be cool too. With larger screen. Maybe a step between Push 2 and Push 3. I like the looks of those native Instruments keyboards.

For all my positive statements regarding the update, I feel the price might be a bit hard for me to justify at this point. ($200 buys Logic. $400 buys entire Reason 10 or Bitwig). I have been a Live user since v1 and have already given a looot of money to Ableton.

Having recently bought an SH-01a and Strymon El Capistan, I’m set on new instruments and fx for a while. And I have about 20 songs I need to finish. I feel like the upgrade will be a distraction from finishing those. Great for song creation, but I’m in a different phase. Will make the upgrade to Live 11 all the more sweet for me. Now let’s see if I can actually resist once I try the beta.

4 Likes

Pretty decent update, but also a little underwhelming in some regards. I’ll wind up getting it primarily for the Push 2 improvements which I have to admit are really nice, but only because I bought Live 9 Suite + Push 2 at a substantial discount a year or so ago when it was on sale. Otherwise, I’d likely hold off. A little disappointed with no VST 3 support and comping as well, but that’s why I use Studio One for tracking/mixing and Ableton for ideas and building blocks.

3 Likes

I bet VST3 and comping are coming(comping at the very least because that seems to fit in my idea of Ableton) I think they are just trying to sell top unique workflow ideas and probably trying to sell people onto the software(Suite) AND Push. It’ll probably come soon if not detailed in Loop.

It was just today announced, I’ll be more details are yet to come

3 Likes

The utilitie device does that, simple enough imo.

1 Like

Is it clear that m4l is still limited to one channel? Because max supports mpe. Yeah I find the upgrade price a bit steep.

1 Like

Wavetable synth looks awesome
Looks like Abletons version of Serum

No it doesn’t convert an actual stereo audio file into a mono audio file.
You have to open an external fucking program to do that, like soundforge.

not working for me , also am in the live 9 beta - edit : found it but no more slots left :frowning:

where did you find the link to join the 10 beta?

Wow, just looked at the pricing and even with the 20% off it’s an expensive piece of software. The new stuff is only in the suite version which is AU$799 even with the discount.

Yeah, just tried this with the utility in 9, and it creates a stereo file with equal R/L channels. I guess the problem with that is the amount of space the file takes up? You can of course render the file with export, but that is a lot to ask to get a file converted to mono.

That’s great to hear:) Do you know if the MPE issues they had earlier like it not working with vst’s have been fixed?

Don‘t worry, you will get into the beta, let them take care of the masses.
There is also something wrong with the download servers, 30kb max download speed took me the whole night to download.

Speaking of Loop, is anyone from here attending? If so let’s meet up!

3 Likes

Just want to add Pedal+Drum Buss to my favourites list.

Combine them and you get the Analog Heat which is a awsome.

:sunglasses:

1 Like