Ableton live 10

savage haha

brilliant. he should sell a sample pack.

1 Like

finally a product demo with experimental lo-fi noise instead of the typical EDM!

2 Likes

:joy: that was good!

Holy cow! I lost it when the pads were playing ā€œdamn!ā€

Brilliant- absolutely brilliant

3 Likes

:joy::rofl:

Hahahaha :smiley:

That is the funniest thing Iā€™ve seen in ages.

Quality

Was the joke that it was bad? I thought some parts of it sounded pretty nice. Damn.

4 Likes

Right off the bat, the bad trap-style auto-tuning had me in stitches! :joy::joy::laughing:

3 Likes

I was so drunk last night I thought I was watching an actual product video

9 Likes

i did A/B testā€¦
if you put on AH Saturation Mode which i use mostly for drums
you can come 99% close to the setting in seconds with DrumBuss.
If i remember right i send the input to -10dB
the drive to ā€œ40ā€
the mode to ā€œHardā€
the rest to standard / 0

my speakers are Neumann KH 120 A
Adam A7X

4 Likes

I have no heat to compare to, but I was doing something similar with my Rodec-Sherman restyler

The drum buss saturation circuits mimic the soft, medium, and hard circuits really well. Soft on the restyler is raising the overdrive to a little. Medium is raising the overdrive knob by 30%. Hard is maxing overdrive but also raising input gain. When I have the filter wide open on the restyler I mess with these settings now I can use drum buss if I am feeling too lazy.

The same goes for the transient control. Drum buss has a boom parameter which the restyler doesnā€™t have, but the restyler has a Rodec DJ filter piece which sounds very hifi. Their filter and piece to the device is the AM, transient, and resonant knobs. Thatā€™s what I figured out with 100+ hours of expirementing. Now I can transfer that knowledge to autofilter+drum buss.

I would prefer to do autofilter per pad in drum rack and the drum buss for the entire drum rack. Peace

2 Likes

That girl with the autotune turning into industrial noise is hilarious.

2 Likes

Doing A/B tests with my Restyler as well. Iā€™d like to say I canā€™t justify having this piece of gear anymore. Not quite there yet. But maybe soon. I could use the $ elsewhere. I think there is definitely a possibility to engineer a complex Ableton rack that can do most of what the Restyler does. Autofilters, Max4Live LFO, Drum Buss, etc. But Iā€™m not smart enough to make it. Plus itā€™s damn hard to beat the tactile interface of the Restyler.

1 Like

I am keeping mine mainly for the hi-fi purposes of record listening. I have my audio technica turntable going into a vincent phono 700 to the restyler. I will hear a record loop sometimes and just start tweaking the filter knobs away and the transient knobs too. When you get that record loop right you record into your DAW. Something about that is enjoyable to me.

Iā€™m sure if you do a Auto Filter 1 (MS1) + Auto Filter 2 (MS1) + LFO + Drum Buss rack and it would do something similar to the restyler for anyone interested. If you want a (Clean) filter setup that should also work.

1 Like

Interesting usage! I know what you mean. I can lose hours just running various material - mainly drum patterns, but sometimes dub chord progressions - through that filter and tweaking away.

Thanks. Yes, I suppose I would have trouble trying to recreate such an immediate and well-laid out interface with 8 horizontal rack knobs (controlled via Push 2). But I will try.

1 Like

Honestly, I wonā€™t take Non Ericā€™s opinion too serious. He talks a lot of nonsense in his Musotalk.

5 Likes

please hit me up when youā€™re ready to part with your restyler =)

2 Likes

I upgraded before my 10 day price ran outā€¦ I know Iā€™d do it eventually anyway so I might as well get it at a discounted price now. Ableton doesnā€™t do the 1-2 year upgrades so I canā€™t complain too much.