Ableton live 10

The Soundtoys visual glitching stopped once I set Ableton 10 to Windows 8 compatibility mode. Changing the scaling didn’t fix it. Just thought I’d post this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

3 Likes

Yeah. I won’t be paying £229. Even £159 is too steep.
The upgrade pricing is all a bit of a kick in the teeth for long term users, I think, especially if you don’t own or want Push.
It would be great to have a better integrated M4L, and I do use the M4L LFO quite a bit, so the LFO would be nice.
I don’t have much use for most of the other new features though, so I’ll hold off on this one for now.

1 Like

I am in love with V10.
I never worked so fast in a sequencer program.
Every cent is worth the program.
Drum Buss (my favourite) is absolutely amazing.

8 Likes

Yes, Drum Buss is really good!

5 Likes

I played around with Drum Buss, and its really cool, the wave table synth is ok but is there an import of user waves? That is where the fun starts imho. (Serum) I did not yet see the function to overlay midi notes, i think i prefer NI Maschine still. I will do my projects (sampling /sequencing) in Maschine, and export for arranging and mixing into Live. I still feel that 200€ was a bit expensive, but in retrospective all the upgrades i got in live 9 justifies it.

3 Likes

How does Drum Buss compare to the Heat? Is it comparable? Haven’t really used it yet.

No more GAS for the HEAT here!
… for now…
:wink:

EDIT
And I would prefer a Sherman Filterbank over the HEAT anyway

3 Likes

Ned Rush approves of Drum Buss :+1:

3 Likes

Drum buss is really nice and all but it’s no Analog Heat that’s for sure.

2 Likes

@Michael_R_Grant

Totally agree with @shroom Drum Buss is kewl, and has some instant flavor settings but it’s not close to the Analog Heat. I mean really Drum Buss is just giving you a tuned resonance (is that the correct term) and transient shaping. The drive on it is meh IMHO.

I still haven’t found anything that can take the place of the heat. Decapitator get’s really close but not close enough for me to say I don’t need the heat.

2 Likes

Never heard the heat in real life.
But the decapitator is my favourite mixing tool and satisfied my saturation needs enough to keep me from buying a heat.
But I still consider it often :smiley:

2 Likes

I think my neighbors are not as happy as I am about the Drum buss … hmm

7 Likes

Loving Ableton 10 so far. Looking forward to checking out Drum Buss for the transient shaping, but for the other stuff can’t see it ousting Heat or Decapitator.

Using Wavetable with Push 2 is awesome.

I really wish they would add comping for vocal takes, etc. That’s the number one missing feature in my eyes.

7 Likes

comping HAS to be in the works. it’s their #1 most requested feature, even over MPE support.

4 Likes

In Live 9 on Mac, when you do something with the Push and then go to Live’s Undo in the Edit menu, you don’t see what the action to Undo is. It just shows “Undo Midi Controller Action” or something like that… which is rather lame. Have they fixed that in 10?

They seem like they’re being pretty decent about it. I think the idea is that there’ll be one big fattie update somewhere in the middle of your year, like the one that’s fixing to come out within the next month or so.

It does kind of suck that a matter of a couple months could screw you out of a .0 update I suppose, though they probably offer a deeply-discounted way of getting there if you’re that close, maybe? Not clear that the .0 updates are the ones that matter though anyway, considering all the crap that’s coming in 2.3.

1 Like

To an extent.

In my usage I’ve noticed there are a lot of changes that show up: track settings (overdub record, track volume, send amounts, panning, etc) and device changes (envelope settings, lfo settings, filter types, resonance, etc). But also quite a few things (adding tacks, deleting notes) still display as “undo custom action” or “undo midi controller action”.

:joy:

23 Likes

Pissed my pants at that! :joy:

1 Like

now that is advertisement

1 Like