Ableton live 10

Just got my Live 10 Bill and Link to download it…

All good in my hood.

1 Like

Youpiahhh ! Billed and download link sent !!

#LIVE 4 LIFE

2 Likes

I just downloaded and installed 10. In 9, my Soundtoys plugs look fine. In 10, they are glitching (visually) and scaled incorrectly. Soundtoys seemed to be fine during the 10 beta as far as I recall. Just deleted the beta so can’t crosscheck right now.

Anyone else with Live 10 and Soundtoys have this problem too?

What is installation procedure? Are you keeping 9 and 10?

Does 10 find all of your sounds, presets and stuff? I’ve got things on external drives, etc…

Soundtoys was fine on the .10 beta for me too. I’ll check later tonight or tomorrow morning on the Retail version.

1 Like

Yes it does. I will keep 9 for 3 more months before deleting just in case 10 has any fatal bugs for my live 9 sets. So far I haven’t had any crashes. Live 10 was able to import all of my live 9 stuff without issues.

Soundtoys working fine here in 10 Suite

1 Like

@tekno

Are you using a high resolution display ? If so try disabling scaling on high DPI settings.

1 Like

I really really like Wavetable especially the mod matrix.

1 Like

:loopy:

1 Like

I also upgraded to Live 10.
It will keep me busy while waiting for more mature Digi*

1 Like

I wonder how long the 10 Beta will be running if I don´t purchase the upgrade.

Do you only deinstall the live 9 app after upgrading? Or is there more to remove?

You can do it before. I got shot of my Live 9 install to focus on Maschine for a month or so. Just downloaded the “upgrade” which is effectively the entire installation file. From there, you download the packs/library content you want including your Live 9 content.

Oh, and all your projects personal folders are maintained too.

1 Like

It will work until the 26th of February.

2 Likes

Potentially stupid question, so apologies, but here goes…

As a Live 9 Suite owner, the shop offers me an upgrade price to Live 10 Standard for £159. Presumably if you do that, though, you lose M4L, operator etc.? So you would be paying £159 for a pretty major downgrade??

Or do you keep all the extras of Live 9 suite, but in Live 10 (M4L etc.) just without the brand new stuff you’d get if you paid the full suite upgrade £229 (Wavetable, LFO etc.)

Edited as info was wrong…

Upgrading from 9 Suite to 10 Standard keeps your 9 version’s instruments but you won’t get 10’s extras like Echo and Wavetable.

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?p=1445364&sid=b99d925695873909d77fd39204c0697b#p1445364

1 Like

I reckon if you were to hold onto both 9 and 10- those features would appear in 9 but not in 10

1 Like

That would be correct. You’ll have parallel installations, with one being suite and one being standard.

Ah! Then I suppose if you’re going Ableton route- best decision would be to go suite- that way you’ll get the updated max and full integration