A4 Feature Requests

Some type of note tie would make programming note lengths much easier

1 Like

Considering this bad boy(s) can operate as 4 monophonic instruments or a single polyphonic instrument, it seems really odd that it doesn’t respond to Polyphonic Aftertouch. What would really be super nice is if they had an MPE mode so that I could control it with my Roli Rise. Please? Thanks!

5 Likes

Now that the A4 has midi sequencing capabilities it’d be great to see an update that allows us to control midi CCs of our external synths.

4 Likes

Really was wishing I could plock the the arp for random fills today😢

6 Likes

Yeah, being able to send midi CC and not only note and velocity data would be a killer function. One of the few things I really miss on the A4.

I agree. This would be quite convenient. For the time being, you can use this work-around: Anyone using MPE/Seaboard controller with their A4?

Really would love per pattern mutes like the digis…
should be possible right? No extra buttons needed to operate same as digi…
Would be able to drop sounds in and out easier!

1 Like

The possibilitie to save all sound locks as a sound is one the best think I can hope :3lektron:
This and other things as addding notes progressively to chord without retriggin

What ? If I play a C, the sub is a F ?
I was thinking if I play a C, the sub is a G … :frowning:

That’s correct - try it for yourself and listen.

Yo but so what, many. tutorials are sayin you can do chords using the sub as a G … if you play for example a +7osc1 Sub5th and second osc +4 / +3

Yes; in that case you’re making the “main” note into the fifth, which makes the sub the root, and the second oscillator the third (whether major or minor).

1 Like
  1. If you do nothing, and hit the C on the keyboard, result: C

2. I you tune OSC 1 to + 7, without activating Subosc 5th, and you hit the C on the keyboard: the result is: you hear G

3. Now you activate the Sub 5th and press the C on the keyboard: you hear a C5 chord (Root note C (the sub) and the fifth (OSC 1 +7 = G)

4. Now bring in OSC 2 and tune it to +3 (which is Eb or D#), now when you press C on the keyboard, you hear the Chord C minor.

5. If you change OSC 2 from +3 to +4, you get a C major.

6. OSC 2 to +10 and OSC2 Sub 5th activated leading to: Cmin7

7. OSC 2 to +11 and OSC2 Sub 5th activated leading to: Cmaj7

For keeping the key in the sequencer, Paramater Lock OSC2 either +3 or +4 wether you need to change from minor to major or vice versa.

1 Like

Didn’t we talk about it on AF a few years ago?
:wink:
https://fr.m.audiofanzine.com/groove-machine/elektron/analog-four/forums/t.636680,poly-par-track-via-les-osc.html

Thank you dude but it’s just about the English words he said here which make me confused. But it’s a bit stupid yes.
++

this is already a thing, if I’ve understood you correctly. You can Send MIDI CC with the performance page knobs. I’ve done it in my live show

Quick question. Is there a way to trigger sounds in the sound pool with the key’s or with the step buttons, like when you are in slice mode on the OT (so, I could basically play and record multiple sounds on one track, instead of sound locking) ? If not, this, if possible, would be my only feature request.

yes. have the sound pool browser on screen while the track is in live record mode - select the sound and play it in live to the metronome or whatever keeps you in time.

Right…Are you talking about the soundpool manager? If I do that I can only play one sound at a time chromatically. I was hoping for a sound per key. Thanx. I would be so fkn excited about this machine if this were possible.

you can use multimap for that