A4 Feature Requests

Sorry to say this is quite a significant ask/investment, both up front and for the duration of it’s life span. That would drain lots of dev resources currently being utilized for bugfixes, new features, and new devices

I say this as someone who also wants this to happen, we could use more logue sdks out there

4 Likes

Perhaps this has been suggested somewhere else in this huge thread but it would be very helpful to have some midi CCs available for sequencing/p-locking.

The CV track could be used as a full midi sequencing track with a single page of the 10 knobs assignable to midi CCs. I think something similar is possible in the digitakt so please copy/paste it to the A4!

3 Likes

Great idea! You could also have loopback capability in that case, taking the audio out of the MIDI device(s) you control via the A4 CV track to the A4 Ext In input for further processing in one of the main tracks. Ideally in performance mode you could then choose a mix of CC controls and A4 track settings, making it a great live performance tool for external gear.

I played around with connecting my TB-03 to the A4 which already was fun. Having the ability to send patterns & control knobs of the TB-03 in this would be amazing.

Taking the decision to open the source code of Elektron machines has consequences.
Especially when some big name has appetite for cloning without doing the research.
I think such discussion is way off topic, let’s get back to it please.

7 Likes

OK, I was just dreaming about Elektron’s potential benefits + our new possibilities. Somebody dreams about “making coffee” ;))
Initially it wasn’t about Open Source. I’ve meant about a collaboration with a group of selected enthusiasts. But if Elektron guys want to work comfortably in their “shell” then I don’t have a tiny bit against it. I just see some missing opportunities.
Beh already could clone any of Elektron’s machines but doesn’t try for it for some reason… They “love” Arturia ) Yeah, what a shame…
P.S. I’ve wrote my suggestion because tired to wait for updates for A4… Two years or more already.

Well, @JustinValer & @v-yadli reverse engineered the Machinedrum firmware to add features.
Maybe you can try the same on an old A4?

1 Like

No, I’m not a hacker :slight_smile: The jack of all trades if to say frankly )) More about making music and 3d gfx (in past).

It’s never too late to learn.
And more efficient/less frustrating than simply waiting I guess ^^

2 Likes

I plan to learn in RasPi direction to make some sampler/looper/fx-unit in one piece. It’s what I miss in the most of gear. Reverse engineering (RE) is the direction for those who really love this IMHO. I have some old ZX Spectrum ASM-code friends but they are far away from RE stuff.

Similar to how they added Eucliden steps to the Rytm, I’d like to see a Turing Machine or Shift Register added to note step entry on the A4. Double press the note button to access.

2 Likes

save p-locks as presets :pray:

9 Likes

Subharmonic mode for sub oscillators :grin:
And digital filters, because why not

1 Like

What do you mean?

I mean sub oscillators that can produce a sub harmonic off the root note, like the moog subharmonicon

Isn’t it kinda doable already by using the second osc as a subharmonics generator?
Or am I missing something?

Sub osc volumes would be a great addition.

1 Like

Yeah I guess, because you can tune the second osc the way you want, but it’s not exactly the same. Technically we can tune the sub already to a fifth, could be nice to have other harmonics too.
Sub volume would be great too

2 Likes

Sub osc volumes would be a great addition.

+1 - came here to request that.

5 Likes

Also sub volumes here. Personally I find the lack of volume control on the sub is the main thing with the A4 that takes it from an easy tweak-easy balance machine to a much more detailed tweaking machine as the sub osc’s are often far too powerful to get the right balance between osc harmonics and subs especially with the triangle wave.

From Rytm 1.7, Euclidean sequencer would be a dream I love it on the Rytm. P-Locks to sound saving would also be incredibly helpful on such a deep instrument.

4 Likes

One of these all time favorite requests here.
Individual tuning of the Sub OSCs would be a dream come true, too.

2 Likes

a dedicated sine wave

2 Likes