A4 Feature Requests

I think so too

I don’t have a Four…I only have an AR MKii. But I’ve been checking them out the last few weeks thinking to myself “I’m only buying this if they can prove they still support the Analogs”

Guess I’m gonna have to put my money where my mouth is soon

I would love an “alternative note” feature as seen in the Monome Kria sequencer. Then the probability options would toggle between the step note and the alt step note (which can also be “off”).

1 Like

I want my a4 mk1 to make me coffee in the morning

5 Likes

Filter or instant ?

2 Likes

filter

2 Likes

Yes, I’m not really interested in an euclydean seq on the A4.

1 Like

Please, make us to be able to code a firmware for Analog Four, guys, please!
I’m guessing that you don’t have time for this as you have a lot of different devices according to how few of you are working on code (it’s my guess only).
It can be not “open source”, you could “harvest” our code and insert it and then some other guy of yours could check how the new fw works. We just need templates and the actual parts (your standard variables that can be changed). And some list of rules to work with this of course.
PLEASE :slight_smile: I have some free time and want to make A4 greater for less time.
I don’t make money with music for now but I want to improve this gear if it’s possible.

2 Likes

I go the other way, I’d definitely use euclidean functionality. But my A4 is doing a lot of percussive sounds in a small 6-track setup.

1 Like

Adsr as targets would be great! I miss this kind of “buchla” stuff here!

low or high pass?

Still don’t understand why you can’t p-lock the arp settings. I feel like that would open up so many cool sounds

9 Likes

Same!

1 Like

I like a mix of light and dark roast beans for fruity acidity and dark chocolate overtones…

1 Like

Nothing is certain, but if they were to release a new OS what features do you actually think it would have? Besides making coffee of course.

Cupholders

1 Like

Hopefully with a parameter to keep your mug warm with the analog warmth.

2 Likes

Sorry to say this is quite a significant ask/investment, both up front and for the duration of it’s life span. That would drain lots of dev resources currently being utilized for bugfixes, new features, and new devices

I say this as someone who also wants this to happen, we could use more logue sdks out there

4 Likes

Perhaps this has been suggested somewhere else in this huge thread but it would be very helpful to have some midi CCs available for sequencing/p-locking.

The CV track could be used as a full midi sequencing track with a single page of the 10 knobs assignable to midi CCs. I think something similar is possible in the digitakt so please copy/paste it to the A4!

3 Likes

Great idea! You could also have loopback capability in that case, taking the audio out of the MIDI device(s) you control via the A4 CV track to the A4 Ext In input for further processing in one of the main tracks. Ideally in performance mode you could then choose a mix of CC controls and A4 track settings, making it a great live performance tool for external gear.

I played around with connecting my TB-03 to the A4 which already was fun. Having the ability to send patterns & control knobs of the TB-03 in this would be amazing.

Taking the decision to open the source code of Elektron machines has consequences.
Especially when some big name has appetite for cloning without doing the research.
I think such discussion is way off topic, let’s get back to it please.

7 Likes