A4 Feature Requests

No.

3 Likes

Allright then

I wonder how Novation managed to do it with the BS2, the sub osc on that is also analog.

but the Envelope controlling their level is Digital, I think after re-structuring the tuning and sound spectrum of the Rytm it’s no problem for Elektron to expand the Digital side of things, more transient options, different VCA Values or extended routing to achieve new timbres.

Nothing to wonder about. They simply planned a different architecture from the very beginning? It’s all about design decisions being made in the past. There’s no good or bad in it. It just might have been a different approach towards how and where reduce components etc. in order to keep things at a reasonable cost and physical size.

1 Like

How the hell would you know?

iam Elektron.

1 Like

Man, I’d really like to have the amp. control on SubOsc too. But the only case how it can be done… Is by zeroing the actual Subs and replacing by digital generators (as an option). IF it’s possible. My only hope is that they could swap Noise to Wavetable oscillator if there are enough resources.
IMHO the easiest thing Devs could implement is P-locks for Arp section or/and retrigs for notes.
Also I’d really would like to have dedicated fx sections for every track, not only sends. I don’t think that the effects eats too much CPU here.

1 Like

What do you mean? :slight_smile:

For a great update I would really love to get:

• Modulation destinations added to the Noise engine
  • More intervals added to the sub-osc other than 5th
  • Scale mode
  • Some kind of chord generator for single voices
  • Parameter lock for arpeggiator settings
  • More modulation destinations
  • Stochastic sequencer mode
  • Slew on random LFO wave
  • Page loop
  • Dimmable LEDs / OLED
  • Save parameter locks as sounds
  • Random name generator
8 Likes

plock and midi out for the Arp :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Dont know if that was requested

ARP params mapped to MIDI

2 Likes

user scales (microtonal)

supercopy (from MNM) for copy/paste/clear individual components of each tracks sequence i.e p-locks, slides. Mostly want for the ability to manipulate recorded plock data more easily, specifically to quickly clear or copy all plocks on a track.

basic sin wave option - I know there are ways of getting a sin but having it as a basic waveform option would be nice.

Arp on midi out!

I haven’t read all this thread so maybe it’s been suggested already. I would like Turing Machine like capabilities mashed up with the Rytm’s Euclidean mode added to the sequencer. With all the other new additions that Rytm recently got, where appropriate.

Performance mode to have Global option

A fine-tuning and some special oscillators like the AR, a simple 8 or 12bit digital oscillator, maybe some mod-fx, maybe some special filter-types if possible, some sequencer specials with whatever

I suspect that simplest wavetables are possible. Because I’m not sure that the sub-oscillators are analog! Because it has “5th” option. I’ll explain:
I’m not sure that it’s possible to do this feature by an analog circuit easily.
Usually you can divide an oscillator’s output frequency double, triple times lower (and it will be a square wave sub if it’s not filtered to get some other shape) by a simple circuit. It’s the same analog VCO output but processed through a specific IC. I’ve didn’t read/heard anywhere that it’s possible to make a “5th” division by this method.
This makes me think that the subs are digital actually. It’s not a big deal because all the analog magic we have lays in DCOs (or VCOs, not sure) and these two analog filters/voice.

Your wish to have some other filters is somewhat strange for me :slight_smile:

More sequencer features are the most wished options as I see here.

Oscillators in A4 are analog DCOs and so are sub-oscillators, not digital.

1 Like

“A simple square wave one octave below the main oscillator pitch is the commonest sub-oscillator. On many synths, this is the only option, and there’s a simple switch or mixer knob to introduce this signal into the sound. The reason this is commonest is because it’s the cheapest and simplest to do. You just feed the oscillator output to a bistable flip-flop circuit and bingo! Instant sub-osc!”
It’s from Electric Druid’s site.
The only way to make a 5th semitone analog sub-osc is to make a parallel oscillator. Maybe it’s simpler for DCOs by using some “general clock” divider schematic where it will generate a different clock for another DCO. I’m not sure if it’s possible for the same clock source in the same moment.
Probably you know the difference between DCO and VCO.
Well… if the sub oscillators are just additional DCOs then maybe it’s possible to control their volume separately (as the source’s volume not by a VCA). DCO’s signal can be lowered on the generation stage (AFAIK, not 100% sure!) because it’s wave’s level must be compensated relatively to it’s frequency (higher frequency - lower level when it’s not compensated).
Correct me, people, if I’m wrong, please.

From the A4 manual (p.106):