A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

And it happens as well that companies don’t even bother with buying a booth at the show, and just quietly rent a room for some time at the show, or run meetings off site.

We almost certainly have more than a few of those insiders checking in on this thread/forum, either as lurkers, but it’s always nice having people checking in too.

ADDED : Pretty sure i saw a law firm having a booth at NAMM. Real convenient to get a contract drafted or reviewed on the spot.

2 Likes

…yup…seems like it…NOW they’ve joined the berlin party officially…

last year, it was way more last minute…so, i’ll join ur hi hopes for the possebilty, they might have something to show off…

and ooops…seems also, australia wants to join the sonic boutique…again…after quite some decades…wonder how this fancy looking freqport should work…seems to need some shift function, while there is no such thing to find at first glance…

2 Likes

I would love to see an affordable recreation of the Yamaha CS80 legendary synth.

I look forward to hearing your tales from the show this year. It was so good to hear your adventures last year. I’m betting Cenk will be hanging out there too mingling as well.

ADDED : It’s striking me how different a feel these three shows have. At base they all serve some similar functions, and yet there’s quite a different ambience to all three.

2 Likes

At NAMM this year the MIDI Association is doing a special MIDI@40. ( since 1983 ) There will be a lot of things as a part of this, including quite a lot on MIDI 2.0. You can read about it in this article.

( Skip that video, imo. )

3 Likes

Well that’s cool that they are doing a 40th-anniversary celebration for Midi. I wish Dave was still around for that. Probably one of, if not the greatest advancements in music technology.

And hey, Midi 2.0 might not be the fraudulen scam-based vaporware it was shaping up to be.

2 Likes

Suzuki will be at NAMM, and they just announced the re-issue of the Omnichord, due out in the fall.

Suzuki Omnichord Reissue

A similar product also showing at NAMM is the Instachord. ( post )

Suzuki will be celebrating the 70th anniversary of the founding of Suzuki Musical Instruments. The company is now part of Hammond Suzuki.

2 Likes

April 2023 and still no leaked news? Either the information control act has gotten just about perfect or we ain’t gonna see some/many new stuff in NAMM 2023. Throw a bone maybe? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Placing bets on Wednesday

There was a possible leak of a new EQD chorus/vibrato pedal on Reddit this morning. That’s exciting to me because I’m pretty sure that I can’t have enough modulation pedals. Maybe it’ll be announced during NAMM?

2 Likes

I think the best part of NAMM will be Superbooth.

7 Likes

There are two smaller companies not mention yet, that have the potential of something new and nice. Both are at both NAMM and Superbooth which is promising too.

They are :

Modal – Another new product / element :

• Ytterbium ?
  • Technetium ?
  • Praseodymium ?
  • Kryptonite ?

Studiologic – They had the Sledge, that’s the funniest name i got for them. More interesting though perhaps they have a new controller built on the poly-aftertouch keybed of their sister company Fatar. I don’t know, but that could be good,

Or the poly-aftertouch Sledge ?

I am not expecting a poly-aftertouch controller from Novation, they will be at Superbooth. Them being in the conglomerate now with Sequential both gets my hopes up in preparation to having them dashed at the same time.

2 Likes

Very interesting but I’m kinda shocked they don’t have regular audio in/out so you could use it as a hardware effect too.

1 Like

Expressive E is at all three shows.

Will we get to see the Love Hulten Osmose ?
Maybe ! The timing of this announcement is favorable. The modification was done with the cooperation of Expressive E.

Also my other post on this.

2 Likes

The Osmose could also go with the new resonator speaker from La Voix du Luthier. They call it La Voile. It of course is not limited to use with the Osmose, and will complement the sound of most synths, guitars, and styles of music.

With this they are working to create a high quality resonator speaker, at a reduced cost.

With an instrument like the Osmose a natural resonator speaker may help to add a little extra to the physical modeling sounds.

They will be at both SFF and Superbooth.

4 Likes

Oh my… that is something else.
I may need to get one of those when my Osmose comes in.

Posted on IG earlier today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqkgw_Fs-8y/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes

I seem to recall someone saying it was by appointment only. Maybe they ‘upgraded’? :face_with_monocle:

I believe it’s appointment only at NAMM. Maybe they will have a public booth at Superbooth? Which might make sense if they have a new product. They can show a preview by appointment only at NAMM for media and whatnot, and then do a full public release next month at Superbooth?

3 Likes

Ooh! * Checks Swedish trademark database. Nothing yet!

8 Likes