A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

They’re gonna set up a huge booth and get a gigantic crowd to finally unveil… LED brightness control for the Analog mk2 machines.

10 Likes

so lovely :smiley:

Does anyone have an idea if Make Noise is showing at any of these or if they might have something new to show?

Seeing that Tony was confirmed to be working Alessandro on something new last year and they were photographed having dinner with Suzanne Cianni makes me feel like we’re about to see a new make noise easel of sorts coming up.

4 Likes

A new 0 series based on sampling/FX would be very cool. It could equally be a module tho.

4 Likes

That’s awesome and very interesting. Some years ago when she was asked about Eurorack, she seemed to indicate that she wasn’t a fan of the form factor and sound quality (?). I guess if i made my name on and owned a 200e I might not care to look elsewhere but if something changed her mind then i am interested in it.

As I recall, that was an extemporaneous comment in the middle of a live interview, and I think some people read more into it than was intended. It may not work for her personally, but she could still consult or demo. Or maybe they were just having a pleasant social evening…!

3 Likes

This is also very likely but with it confirmed that Alessandro was working with Tony on something new and his previous comments about what the original plan was, it’s still possibly an easel. But equally it’s a 0-tape of sorts. Either way I can’t wait to see what it is.

2 Likes

Make Noise will be at Superbooth.

6 Likes

For NAMM =>
On the guitar front, Fender and some others are now like “NAMM, who cares ?” ( My made up paraphrase. )

That all said Fender Audio is still there ( i looked ), just not their guitars.

Maybe there’s more room for some others. Like Verbos, 4MS, Endorphin.es, 1V/Oct, Polyend, Electro-Harmonix, SOMA Laboratory, Entropy & Sons, Melbourne Instruments, Playtime Engineering, Mellotron, Bitwig ( are you paying attention Ableton ? ), Nektar, jamstik, Joue, Embodme.
They’re all there. Plus listed before ASM, Groove Synthesis, Elektron ( for private meetings ), etc, etc. Most of these are grouped together and near the main entrance.

Also i see Vochlea is there, maker of the voice input software Dubler 2. Watching one of their videos, there is some hint they’ve got something new.

1 Like

I think an 0 tape is a really good guess. I remember seeing this “Tony talks tape” video and being bummed that the 2nd part never came about. It kind of felt like it was leading up to a new sampling/tape style device. Perhaps part 2 will be released with a new module/device around Superbooth. I hope so…0 tape would be siiiiiick.

7 Likes

So it’s a week to NAMM.
And two weeks to Synthfest France.

SFF Participants including performers

Alaskam
Alexis Faucomprez
Algam
Aodyo
Arturia
Christophe Martin-de Montagu
Baloran
Bastl Instruments
Berhnard Rasinger
BVR instruments
Dreadbox
Eric Mouquet / Deep Forest
Erica Synths
Euterpe Synthesizer Laboratories
Expressive E
Faselunare / Alphalab
FCpro.Audio
Francis Rimbert
Frédéric Rible
Frederik Rousseau
Fulgur audio
Ina-GRM
IRCAM
Joachim Garraud
PModular / Jérôme Bridonneau
Joranalogue
KR Home Studio
Kiviak technologies
Kodamo
Korg
La touche musicale
La Voix du Luthier
Larix Elektro
Laurent Evain
Laurent Juillet
Les Sondiers
Matthias Puech
Marc Caro
MOK / Media Overkill
Michael Geyre
Michel Geiss
Moonya
Muse Ovations
Nairod
NRSynth
Oberheim
Olivier Delevingne
SyntheGrall / Olivier Grall
Officina del Malista
oZoé
PH Modular / Christian Foucaud
PWM
Sifasile
SynthR / Jean-Luc Briançon
Sequential
SoundMIT
Studio Playtronica
SynthFood
TouellSkouarn / Ateliers Eurorack DIY
Thierry Rochebois
Tinhu
Tony T-Steel / Tony Quedeville
SACEM
Vacuum – 3D project / Eliane Blaise / Emmanuelle de Héricourt
Vkgoeswild / Vika Yermolyeva
Vintage Synth @ Co
UNAC / Union Nationale des Auteurs et Compositeurs
Willow Whisper / Dalai Lama
Xodes
Yamaha
Yusynth / Yves Usson

This will be important, with some new announcements no doubt.

I like that Yamaha is there too ! And Korg and Oberheim as well.

1 Like

So for instance a new Yamaha digital mixer. Lots of channels, but in a smaller space. The DM3. ( Looks like it will be a series. )

Preorder at Sweetwater.

4 Likes

Damn, this is nice, I was hoping that Midas would make a dwarf version of their M32R, mainly for live situation. But actually this one has the looks of a mini Midas. Like it (on paper at least). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I originally had hope of oberheim making a desktop version of the OB-X8 (which looks like it would be pretty easy to do seeing as the keyboard version is mostly empty space), but I think it might never happen now since dave smith is not there to help. However, its good to see them on the list for superbooth.

1 Like

I think we will see more Oberheim stuff released with help from Sequential. They were planning on doing more models with Oberheim, and I think we will see them in the coming years.

6 Likes

The Sknote Etna-M mixer, 8x stereo channels, full analog signal path, expander, compressor, and limiter on every channel and master, total recall via midi or daw, 4 ducking busses, €2500: The 2023 NAMM Show – April 13–15, 2023 – Meet us there! | www.sknoteaudio.com

5 Likes

Given that they’re in NAMM is it too soon for NINA’s baby brother ?

Motorized pots go way beyond one product.

I called it :innocent:

3 Likes

This is probably the case for many companies for many years. Always working on new products, possibly ‘finishing’ old products but not always.

2 Likes

This look really nice! I hope touch screen is quality and responsive and control encoder is put to good use (I guess it would work in a similar way as Nob Control).