Superbooth 2022

Well the new Waldorf product, with what seems likely some advanced keyboard interface.

Likely to have something new, would be Soma as you mention, and Erica Synths, and Dreadbox. Maybe UDO too ? Wouldn’t it be nice for ASM to have something too, but not holding my breath.

And new features for Osmose, with ship dates.

And who knows what else, that’s the fun part.

2 Likes

also no Intellijel. Wished they can bring me a Quadrax for selling from the booth :smiley:

1 Like

The list can and does change right down to the last minute.

In 21 Soma was a no show and Aodyo showed up on the day.

Vermona.

UDO but I doubt they’ll reveal something new.

4 Likes

Yea, same companies for me… would add some eurorack shops like Koma and Bastl. I feel like Elektron is losing its edge as a forerunner the last years… pitty.

But I changed my approach a lot myself,… so it’s a very narrow view.

2 Likes

…even given the fact that there’s nothing left i’d like to purchase this year, i’ll be there for sure…
it’s simply way more than just a musical trade show off event…
it’s an overall “where it’s at” music festival of it’s very own kind…
with heaps of meet n greet n mingle…

but wait a second…yes, i really have more than all it needs…
i can even state with all confidence, i have the most modern and most versatile collection of sonic tools at hand EVER…
and apart from another next new bitwig upgrade plan in august i really need absolutely nothing else anymore…

while…ummmpff…mayyybeeee a syntakt could cross and tease my mind anyways… :wink:
but only if elektron is finally willing to show up this year again…
if not…well, dear swedish friends…this event get’s along totally fine also without u…
as do i…in that case…without a syntakt…

1 Like

Also expected would be the Korg Drumlogue, and half a dozen other things from them, as is their way.

2 Likes

Imagine if they did announce their participation how the Syntakt thread would explode.

1 Like

It looks very interesting. The form factor, the features, …

2 Likes

Hey @reeloy, i remember last year you went, to see Soma, and they dropped out of the show. Maybe you can catch them this year and they can make it up to you.

Were you also one of the group who got to see the secret Polyend product ? Somebody got to walk around with Cenk and saw the PE ??? .

It’s going to do that anyways, just wait a couple weeks before the show.

In fact one post over there right now would start a forest fire, there is so much dry kindling laying around.

5 Likes

…yup…i did see polyends next babes last year…but it was shown to cenk in first place…so, i can’ spoil anything…would simply not be fair…

and yup…i wanted to shortcut the enner waiting list and then soma did’nt show up…
but TODAY! my enner arrived anyways and finally…won’t afford a pulsar any time soon…
and enner and pulsar are the only soma products i’m really intrested in…
gave their pipe a try last year, too…but that one had to go…it’s cool…but not for me…

and for now, it seems elektron is really not showing up, as i had to learn from craigs link a few minutes ago…as mentioned, superbooth is doing fine without them…
if they really don’t show up, not even with a small stand, hmmmm, then i see it as last proof that our beloved swedish brand is NOT what it used to be anymore…simple as that…

since cenk has left their building, i have no clue what’s going on behind their curtain anymore…
and to be honest…i had all their machines…apart from rytm…and since two years now, i kept only what’s really essential…two ot’s…one a4…two heats…and one model cycles, which i got for free as a kind of beta tester early on…and that’s about it…

4 Likes

I think creating a separate but attached show like this was a really smart move by the people that run the show.

We probably won’t talk about it much around here, but there are a lot of people for whom that will be the main event.

There will also no doubt be exhibitors that have stuff for both and will stay through the whole time.

Hoping that SOOPERgrail is a big success.

1 Like

Agreed. I look forward more to Superbooth than NAMM.

Also agree. I’m starting to lose faith tbqh. I was fully expecting something this year. Maybe we’ll see something at NAMM…but then to blow off Superbooth…idk…doesn’t bode well.

2 Likes

And they ( Elektron ) shut down their Berlin office last year too.

I hope Moog does a big event in their Berlin office ! They did get that opened didn’t they ?

ADDED : Yes they did. Here, take a look. You don’t need a mask.

4 Likes

The Floorplan function doesn’t work, for me at least, i think they haven’t put the datafile up for that yet.

I am trying to figure out how far the Novation exhibit ( O290 ) is from the Sequential exhibit ( O300 ) ?

Why ? Well think about what they might be in cahoots on.

I’m trying to start a rumor !

Looking forward to superbooth 22.

Floorplan seams to work now.

They are next to each other.

2 Likes

Did Sequential release their “maybe december” new synth? I don’t think they did?

Tempest v2 :eyes:

5 Likes

I don’t get it.