A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

The first letter of each video title

1 Like

More about the NRSynth Retro One MK2.

The Retro One MK2 is semi-modular, described as being somewhat like a Mini-Moog with oscillators more like a Prophet. If that sounds interesting to you this is worth a look.

There is a video ( in English ) in with this article as well.

SynthAnatomy did a good job covering SFF this year, along with Les Sondiers. Without them, this show would have been largely ignored, unless you actually attended. A few other reports and videos from the show are in those product’s respective threads too.

5 Likes

I played the little video game, and level one is player A going forward through a Mario-style platform, and level two is player B going backward through a similar level. Which… days after playing it I realize is like sides A and B of a tape…

5 Likes

The FCPro Mixthesizer

This set of cases and modules that lets you custom configure your own mixer matched to your specific needs, specifically to be set up and used with your synths.

There will be more detail on this at Superbooth with sales to follow a short time after that.

The thread on this started from last years SFF.

5 Likes

SynthAnatomy comes through again with another scoop from SFF.

Video included inside this box of Cracker Jack.

Interesting choice on the filter options, you can choose from to customize your synth.

ARP 4072 (ARP 2600), ARP 4012 (ARP 2600), Moog Ladder, AS3320 (PRO-1), SSI2144 (PolySix), Jupiter-8 (12 or 24dB), Oberheim SEM, Steiner Parker, SVF 3320, Elka Synthex and Jupiter-6.

It’s smart to give customers the ability to configure their own unique synths.

5 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has noticed yet, but the updated exhibitors list for SB now features Korg Berlin, pretty hype to see whatever they’ve been cooking up!

14 Likes

NTS-3 a espresso machine and oscilloscope

1 Like

Nice to see footage from the show, finally. For me the highlight was the video about Aodyo, but it’s unfortunate that the new ‘Advanced Brass’ model wasn’t talked about or demonstrated.

That aside, good to hear the Omega is coming along nicely!

1 Like

Arturia introduces Augmented Brass, the latest in their augmented series.

Here’s 21 minute overview tutorial video that shows detail of what is possible.

3 Likes

SynthAnatomy does it again.

6 Likes

a Luxembourger in Vienna …

1 Like

I reckon it’s a new set of sampling and either modeling or real analogue grooveboxes, something to replace the current Electribes (which I personally am not a fan of so I hope so).

1 Like

The world needs more sampler choices. (Not being facetious or sarcastic!)

11 Likes

More properly polyphonic sampler instruments would be really nice.

9 Likes

Yes, that’s a great clarification. I really wish the Digitakt update had included a polyphony setting like on the Digitone, to enable polyphonic playback of even a Track.

3 Likes

Would be good if Korg got it right this time with an Electribe 3, 12 Track drum, sampler & VA synth engine, sample slicing/timestretching of samples, sample per step and randomisation algorithms would be very cool and at least 64 notes of polyphony to prevent the voice stealing as the Electribe 2 did.
Something on par with the Deluge… it’s pretty much the perfect groovebox, just missing a decent display, more luscious sounding reverb and the the sample per step features.

6 Likes

User algorithms a la NTS/-logue platform would be lovely.

1 Like

The Dirt Magnet from Finegear is likely done and ready for market.

But also something very interesting is the Modmix, which may look very different from this.

Send effects, CV controls, build in envelope followers, and LFOs, and who knows what, the design was very amorphous last year.

From the SFF show and in general, a few companies are working on mixers intended for synthesis, that should be interesting for people that hang around this forum.
I’m pinning hope on the Modmix.

ADDED : Two other companies at SB working on those sorts of mixers are Menura, and FCPro.

9 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this, very cool!

1 Like

Klavis last year was showing off their very cool Grainity which is a Eurorack granular filter.

Klavis Grainity

It is just about to be available in stores, in a week or so, so i expect they will be showing it off at SB.

Will Klavis have something else new now ???

4 Likes