A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

The world needs more sampler choices. (Not being facetious or sarcastic!)

11 Likes

More properly polyphonic sampler instruments would be really nice.

9 Likes

Yes, that’s a great clarification. I really wish the Digitakt update had included a polyphony setting like on the Digitone, to enable polyphonic playback of even a Track.

3 Likes

Would be good if Korg got it right this time with an Electribe 3, 12 Track drum, sampler & VA synth engine, sample slicing/timestretching of samples, sample per step and randomisation algorithms would be very cool and at least 64 notes of polyphony to prevent the voice stealing as the Electribe 2 did.
Something on par with the Deluge… it’s pretty much the perfect groovebox, just missing a decent display, more luscious sounding reverb and the the sample per step features.

6 Likes

User algorithms a la NTS/-logue platform would be lovely.

1 Like

The Dirt Magnet from Finegear is likely done and ready for market.

But also something very interesting is the Modmix, which may look very different from this.

Send effects, CV controls, build in envelope followers, and LFOs, and who knows what, the design was very amorphous last year.

From the SFF show and in general, a few companies are working on mixers intended for synthesis, that should be interesting for people that hang around this forum.
I’m pinning hope on the Modmix.

ADDED : Two other companies at SB working on those sorts of mixers are Menura, and FCPro.

9 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this, very cool!

1 Like

Klavis last year was showing off their very cool Grainity which is a Eurorack granular filter.

Klavis Grainity

It is just about to be available in stores, in a week or so, so i expect they will be showing it off at SB.

Will Klavis have something else new now ???

4 Likes

Make Noise seem poised to announce the new thing they’ve been teasing as their Superbooth offering on Wednesday via YouTube:

13 Likes

I’m hoping for new Electribes too. If you check their post history on socials Electribes seem to pop up more than anything, including one pic of a stripped down ESX1, apparently to “clean” it, but it’s strangely next to a load of boxes labelled “Korg Sample Parts”, so fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Very excited to see what this is

1 Like

So many synths that I’ve barely heard of,
OR NEVER HEARD OF …

Fulgur ???

ADDED : Les Sondiers video in French.

3 Likes

High key hoping for an Ableton Push 3. Anyone know if they are even attending any of these shows?

3 Likes

Latin for “lightning”, but from French, possibly from “fulgurance”, which means dazzling.

1 Like

Trautonium, time to send a tweet in honor of Hitchcock :cool:

Nope. None.

There is a Bitwig Push 3 planned though, would that work for you ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a popular speculation this year, i shot it down over in this thread too.

2 Likes

Please don’t tempt me with a dedicated bitwig controller.

I’m in Bitwig now. I prefer it to Ableton.

I only thought of switching back to Ableton for the tighter push integration (yes, I’ve seen the third party scripts for push and bitwig)

3 Likes

I believe in England they call this a “Unit”.

So what’s the over/under that this is going to be a miniature Tape & Microsound thing?

3 Likes

The hints point overwhelmingly in this direction, and man, any subset of Morphagene/Mimeophon features in 0- format would be exactly what I’m looking for these days…

Don’t make me buy a Microcosm, Make Noise!

5 Likes

Two announcements for SB :

This is rather niche, but Synth-Werk seems about ready to remake the 1981 Bode Sound Barberpole Phaser.

I don’t do Facebook, but from their FB page :
SYNTH-WERK.com | Facebook

=-=-=-=-=-=

Less niche, but not mainstream either, Analogue Solutions has a new product group, they have broken up the Colossus Slim into four parts, so you can buy that in pieces.

3 Likes