A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Nvidia were trailblazers here.

3 Likes

Les Sondiers has started to post his SFF videos:

9 Likes

All in French.

OK, that’s pretty different; a digital polyphonic modular that really is entirely digital cabling - no CV control at all (at present - the designer says it could be possible to make a digital > CV converter module). It’s like a hardware VCV Rack.

1 Like

Yeah and the article above discusses that the digital side is implemented in Pure Data, so potentially you could change everything around inside too. Different oscillators, filters, etc.

Don’t know this but it seems to me you could patch it with cables, and then store that patch, and recall it without duplicating the cable arrangement.

This was actually the original concept for the Arturia MatrixBrute that Glen Darcey worked on before being persuaded by the engineers, to change.

Heritage hopefully makes this into a real product. I know they have other ideas too,

1 Like

In French.

2 Likes

Lots of ‘wall of knobs’ synths at sff…

1 Like

A reaction to the market being flooded with portable synths, maybe? On the other hand I love my micromonsta2 and Tooro.

1 Like

Lizard-of-Oz made an excellent post summarizing new information on the Kiviak WoFI, from a video from SFF, just above that post.

Looks like a good product, with a decent price. Kickstarter in the fall.

Mysterious video from Make Noise:

Maybe someone who is better at modular than I am can ID what this is. I thought I also saw 0-coast and Strega at the end of the video.

11 Likes

There’s an Instagram post from Makenoise with a radio and, as some there are speculating, some spectral-transfer-type sounds between the stations…Make Noise on Instagram: "See you at Superbooth! . Make Noise will be at @superbooth_berlin starting on Thursday, May 11th! Stop by our Zone and see what we've been working on! . Happy patching! . #modular #modularsynth #eurorack #eurorackmodular #makenoise #superbooth"

Or, the “rewind” business in the video has my hopes up for a 0-tape…

11 Likes

Hmm, interesting. I think the new thing is on the shelf in the background of the Instagram video.

Someone on MW mentioned looking at the spectrogram of the audio. I did this for the YT and the Insta but there’s no obvious (to me) hidden picture like AFX did that one time. The Insta looks a lot like some of the Ableton spectral plugins output.

I would be pretty excited to see a new semimodular something from MN. The full Euro experience is not really for me, but the Strega and 0-Coast are becoming big favorites and every time I think I’ve exhausted them there’s always a little more juice left.

Does anyone else remember those internet games for movie premieres and stuff where you had to go to a bunch of different web sites and find clues? This is fun.

2 Likes

Interesting, captured here what you’d mentioned, and it looks like two semimodular units or two tiny racks, the one on his right might well be a Strega [edit, and MichaalHell below is correct, the other is an 0-coast, I was sleepy!]

image image

Not usually up for Easter egg hunts, but I too find their semimodular format just right.

1 Like

:kissing_heart::star_struck::ok_hand:

The video made a lot of references to tape style fx with some radio interference stuff similar to Soma Ether thrown in. Could well be the rumoured 0-Tape semi-modular. I’m in, if so!

Edit: someone on ModWiggler got a brief flash of this image, which shows A and B characters, similar to the video design/marketing for 0-Ctrl

8 Likes

Can only hope so!

There was this summary post and video here too:

1 Like

Based on the knobs Im 90% certain that the first picture i 0-coast and second picture is Strega…

My guess is some sort of Spectral synthesis similiar tp Rossums Panharmonium.

But i would really dig a 0-tape, like really really dig

5 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ok a desktop sample manipulator would make (noise) sence. But for modular they already have morphagene and mimeophone.

What about an updated wogglebug?

So time to book a room and get a ticket for sb. Looking at hotel prices, Berlin got really expensive.