404 - not (not) found [battle on the horizon]

I think so??

I think good enough to start back up very soon.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the first one of these, and I miss not doing the hip hop battles, but I promised myself I will finish my next e.p. in April. Iā€™m making decent progress so hopefully will be able to rejoin soon. Thanks for organizing these, the theme is a good one, have a ball everyone :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Would love to check out your EP or any other stuff you have up

1 Like

Thanks for the interest, I appreciate it a lot, Iā€™ll put something in the Our Music thread when the e.p. is out
Here are a couple of links to an older e.p. and single from last year:

(sorry for the off-topic)

2 Likes

I asked ChatGPT to give me a beat for a D&B song. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Post the new EP here as well since thereā€™s interest. And make sure you tag me and @J-Hz so we donā€™t miss it!

1 Like

Through all the rhetoric about AI. It seems that itā€™s only as good as the information funneled into its algorithm. And ChatGPT has the biggest subset of data and human data sampling to date.

This is what I picked up from Lex Friedman.

Saying that. This is a good fundamental to making a beat. It works for any breakbeat, which is the basis of DnB.

Iā€™m curious how Alexa or Google would answer. Or if you asked for a specific genre or musician, like Noisia.

Cheers, will do!

I would be wary of the kick on every quarter, but for sure you could. And i do like some 4/4 breakdowns/fills in dnb.

Im just a little surprised it didnt suggest something more 2-step, which at first glance i thought it did

1 Like

Yeah. Thatā€™s what I think as well. Too many kicks unless a fill.

Edit:

Or not. F#*k it. There are no rules.

Thanks for shoutout @BLKrbbt!

My favorite part of sampling is taking something random and seeing what happens. So recently I started recording the weekly recap of the instagram channel ā€œfrom dust to digitalā€ and that was the inspiration for this idea. Here is a link to the most recent video collection:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpfnSvLOBW2/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

Another similar ā€œfound soundā€ exercise using the internet is just record your doom scroll session on YouTube shorts or tik tok whatever social media sites you use (if you donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about god bless you). Thereā€™s some alchemy in turning that nonsense into art

2 Likes

33 posts were split to a new topic: OT Mission discussion / copyright

Nice. I saw this challenge was going on and a few rounds deep. I am definitely going to get in on this.

1 Like

Yo. Thatā€™s a great idea for the battle after this! It has to have a Synth, a guitar riff, and of course the drums.

And we will call it that. ā€œBack to DnB, people!ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m in!

Just to be clear - whatā€™s meant by making the sample the ā€œmain element?ā€ Is that up to creative interpretation? Can we use other samples?

1 Like

Itā€™s up to you! All is welcome. I try to throw some guidance out there, but submit where it takes you.

(sshhh! donā€™t tell anyone that they donā€™t even need to follow the prompt, if you want to ignore the vote!)

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™d like to submit regularly if I can : ) I am sincerely not worried about ā€œthe drama.ā€ lol

1 Like

Even if you canā€™t submit, you can still drop in!

Only those who submit get a counted vote, but you can still post your pics, and share some constructive and loving feedback.

Iā€™m excited to hear what you make though!

So hope you find the time!

I wonā€™t get into the details, but Iā€™m on medical leave for the semester so I have loads of time and need to keep busy for my mental health : ) Making music again was highly recommended by my therapist.

1 Like

Thatā€™s perfect then.

Thereā€™s also

Which is great, because there is no voting. Just submit whatever.

And let me know if you need anything. You can bounce ideas and stuff off the thread if you want.

And you can disregard the ā€œcompetitionā€ aspect of the battle. Itā€™s really just an excuse to produce music together, and to have a framework to share. The results actually donā€™t have too much impact.

Unless you are a musical killer, out for bloodā€¦ then itā€™s war.

1 Like