<3 model:cycles thread

I like it, has some interesting/inviting control over the sound and looks like a lot of fun for the price.
Not sure I need another performance device as it will be stealing time from others that deserve more but if the battery pack combo comes in at a reasonable price I will probably treat myself anyway.

2 Likes

Gorgeous cover!

12 Likes

Wow. This thread presents a new meaning of “+drive”

1 Like

Someone make 127 Sample slots worth of blips and bloops from this cycles for a new DT project. LFO the sample slots on all 8 tracks with plocks, retrigs and random trigs = instant autechre machine :alien:

4 Likes

Anyone looking in the states perfect circuit seems to have them in stock, (makes sense they are doing that event there tonight) Ordered one. Hopefully just a few days now :slight_smile:

How cute is this?

And this little bird is where it sings…

9 Likes

Perfect circuit had a couple available yesterday and I picked one up. I’ve had the machinedrum, digitone keys, monomachine, a4, rtym, octatrack- only ones I haven’t had are the keys and heat.

This thing is fantastic! Highly recommended. Then again, I might be in the minority because I was super excited when they announced the model samples and love it. But this thing sounds fantastic, is super fun to play, and really immediate and fun!! Can’t wait for the battery handles.

21 Likes

I will never get over the fact that the first pattern people will hear when they first turn it on is one of mine. It’s like a dream come true.

45 Likes

Hi ,I have a question for you :
does the chord machine output 4 midi notes ? (to control an external synth)
or the sequencer is just monophonic ?
Thanks

Nope answered a couple of times in the news thread, official explanation too

2 Likes

I kinda like that it looks like a piece of hospital equipment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My subjective objective thought on this is that a panel of industrial designers would favour the lower row as I do. Not a fan of the 2x8 setup and those Digi boxes are too cramped. I love my dark trinity but those Model boxes are screaming joy/play. In for the MC now tempted by the MS due to workflow :loopy:

4 Likes

really liking how the cement/color looks in this picture.
(from all the online videos it looks too close to the :samples color, think mostly due too over exposure lighting)
not ashamed at all to have this amongst my other gear.

2 Likes

I wonder how close the colour is to Octatrack Mk2?

1 Like

And great idea for a thread. Massive :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart: to Elektron for Model:Cycles!

2 Likes

awesome hats and the clap was unbeatable

1 Like

It’s a much lighter grey than the OT, possibly even lighter than the mk2 analog machines?

2 Likes

Is it me or are the two digis looking very unimpressed in this foto?

2 Likes

Really?! To me it was a revaluation. Snares sit on to same trig top and bottom for a straight beat and I then sort of imagine relational patterns between the top and bottom row and it usually works / sounds like I want it to. It’s going to take some time for me to remember & get muscle memory that 5 & 13 are the classic snare spots and to find linear patterns for my beats.

It’s great that the single row works for you though. Everyone has a different way to build patterns and it’s really great that Elektron caters to both methods. Real thought goes into every design decision it seems. I didn’t make them so cant say for sure that every friggin thing has someone grinding on all possibilities, but it just feels overall like these machines are designed with passion and not just completely out of pragmatic decisions. (Although some are unavoidable)

4 Likes

Just earworm Triple Trouble by the Beastie Boys :stuck_out_tongue:

I got kicks on the one, seven and eleven
Snares on the five and thirteen
Rhymes on time and that’s the given
We’re hot on the disco scene

14 Likes