<3 model:cycles thread

Having the DT as my first dive into Elektron products and samplers/drum machines, I relied on the 2x8 setup for guidance in learning it. Shortly after, I did not care for this design at all. It might be more helpful to those who feel the need to play the DT more like a piano sometimes, but I find the row setup to be faster in putting down ideas and move on.

1 Like

Congratulations. It really makes the machine shine! Well done. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Even though I just completed my own Elektron centered Voltron by recently purchasing a used OT MKII to go with my DT and synths, I can appreciate this for what it is. Especially considering the price when I first started in music as my hobby. I tried to avoid spending large amounts of money not fully knowing what I wanted and just not having the money.

So for those on a budget, 300 and some change is a steal for what this can do. And it does look fun. Just watched Cenk’s Demo and I liked the guy they had in their official spot’s music but Cenk just simply killed it! So even though I’m satisfied with my OT, and settling in on it and won’t be buying anything for a long time I’m excited to see what Elektron has up their sleave next! I know everyone is hyping on that Machinedrum MKIII Right?!

1 Like

And a really cool pattern it is too. A very well deserved A01 spot for you, Sir! :slightly_smiling_face:
I actually also have one of my patterns in the factory content :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

That’s awesome.

1 Like

Machinedrum blows cycles out of the water with sound designing options, and don’t forget it had 4 different engines for generating percussion. FM was only one of them. That being said I’m super exited to pair the M:C with DN. I found the 4 tracks of the DN to be too limiting to fully flesh out tunes standalone.

2 Likes

You did a great job! Helps me sell the units at our shop in Seattle!

2 Likes

To my dismay. :smiley: I was thinking about picking one up today. They’re gone… (if you’re at Patchwerks)

1 Like

Im still searching for new ways to express my disdain for everything RGB rainbow blinky lights on just about every thing these days. My old eyes and head for nostalgia loves the minimal models. OLED display would have been dope but like I said in the news thread the LCD is retro fresh. These things give me goosebumpy pre mellenium vibes.

I’m snatching up MS for my bday next week since it dropped in price. I’ll wait out MC despite the temptation it’s almost $100 more here in Australia.

Awesome! Is there a sysex dump of the factory content? I want to hear the presets everyone else made :slight_smile: I have put in a support request for it :grin:

And thanks again for the opportunity :parrot:

1 Like

I am indeed from patchwerks. I am both sad and happy they are all sold. haha.

1 Like

I snuck in and got the last one today…

edit: it rules!

I streamed myself building tracks from scratch for 3 hours today and I am now 100% convinced that this is Elektron’s next iconic machine, people just have to realise it.

11 Likes

I used to have both DT and DN. I sold the DT because even though it was super fun, immediate, and sounded amazing; the limitation was sample based drums. Even with the DN in my studio, I cant WAIT to get my hands on the MC. It just sounds so good, the knob:function work flow makes things so much more immediate than even the DT/DN, and those macro knobs for sound shaping just beg to be turned. One of the coolest instruments released in a while IMHO.

Seen some of that. Also liked your vids on specific machines. Did you do one for the tone machine?

1 Like

I haven’t yet, but I’ll hopefully get to it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep thinking this is the
“<3 motor:cycles” thread

8 Likes

I have to confess, I’ve been thinking alot about the 6-track nature and the “only 4 discreet controllers for each model:” design of these two alot these days. 6 track limit feels like a sweet spot, with 4 being a bit on the tight side and 8 being almost too many to fluently arrange over. 12 knob CC controller as well.

Models: are a pretty cool concept overall I think. Offers contrast to the rest of the elektron lineup.

1 Like

Caught it at Control Voltage. Great immediacy, definitely grimier than the Digitone.

Sounds like it’d be a good train pal.

1 Like

I look forward to it