$10k Octatrack modified

I think the one who did the mod is actually not the one who sells the OT for this insane price, it was for sale years ago. Probaply just someone trying to cash in.

3 Likes

Ah yea, makes sense. Gotta get in on the ground floor!

1 Like

let’s see…

• lists item for 15X what it’s worth
  • includes photos of item being blurry af
  • includes photos of item being dusty af
  • doesn’t know the difference between “there” and “their”

yep! lemme give this person lots of cash!

7 Likes

Can´t stop thinking about how someone in france jumps out of his window if this thing sells. Well, if it does I´ll probaply do it. Gotta get away from this planet asap :wink:

It was already the case for the first sale.

2 Likes

I modified my Wavedrum. I’m selling it 4000$, special Elektronauts offer. Hurry up!
Octatrack and Wavedrum

Modified Monotron : 1500$
A4 and modded Monotron

1 Like

Does the ADAT output all 8 tracks separately?

Theorically 8 mono outputs with ADAT, but if I remember correctly, the guy who made the mod told me it was possible with a stereo channel only (spdif).

1 Like

I might pay that for a stomped on rusty “road worn” OT, as an art investment, obviously.

Mildly viral advertising scheme by the modder?

2 Likes

I’ve heard about this. It’s etched in Elektron folklore. Only a handful of people are lucky enough to have seen this machine in person.

$10,000?

I’d pay $50,000. Easily.

4 Likes

You can’t put a price on professional quality sound

3 Likes

That would disqualify half of this forums users too :wink:

6 Likes

not when there’s a Grammy at stake.

3 Likes

this pricing and the blurry advert is way beyond reality - somehow insane and fishy…maybe some bipolar disorder with loss of proportionality?

I’m torn between buying Prince’s DX7 for 25k and this.

13 Likes

I think an octatrack mod where the master volume can go up to 11 will have a bigger chance of being sold for 10k.

14 Likes

The thing is people wouldn’t believe it was Princes. I had Christian Vogels old ESI-32 and no one believed that, probably ever.

1 Like

I’ve a unique prototype Octatrack MK iii I’m willing to let go for $50,000 if anyone’s interested.

30 Likes

I knew the MK3 was out there somewhere. I’ll take it!

4 Likes