The Elektron machines you have owned - rank them!

1. OT MkI (genius in a box)
  2. MDUW+ MkII (simple but deep)
  3. MM MkII (wild and way-out)

All these and the TM-1 are still here, live and kicking. I’d be happy to try all the others if I had the space or the time for them.

11 Likes
  1. OT Mk1 (speaks for itself. Luckily I currently have two and I just can’t seem to bring myself to sell one. I just make excuses day after day lol)
  2. MnM (the only synth I have sold that I deeply regret)
  3. Digitone (I’m pre ranking this as I’m still waiting on Sweetwater to ship)
  4. A4 (feels weird ranking this last since there’s nothing “last” about it, I use it everyday and I don’t even have modular gear anymore)

Other than an sp404 I’m down to all elektron boxes and couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes
  1. Octatrack.
  2. Machinedrum mduw mk2
  3. Monomachine mk2
  4. Analog Rytm
  5. Analog Four

Could easily live with only no.1 and no.2.
32 tracks of midi/audio between em.

6 Likes
  1. OT
  2. AR
  3. DTa
  4. MD
  5. A4
  6. DTo
  7. MM
  8. H
4 Likes
  1. OT MK I
  2. A4 MKI
  3. MNM
  4. Rytm MKI
  5. MD UW MKII

l love them all and couldn’t conceive of letting any of them go. But then, I haven’t had hands-on experience with any Elektron products released after the Rytm MKI. I don’t know what I’m missing out on and I’m happy to keep it that way. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

1 MnM mk2
2 MD UW mk1 - sold
3 MD UW mk2 - sold
4 OT mk1

The mk1 comes first cause i loved that thing. I updated because +drive but some how I lost desire. My dislike for the sound grew. It also had some sticky pots that never eased up.

I think about selling the OT often but it’s a good drum sampler amongst other things although I don’t love it

4 Likes

Having an AR1, A41, MnM UW, DT & OT I instantly put OT no 1, it’s just so good! Easily a desert island machine (assuming power supply and a half full 64gb CF card).

Thereafter ranking gets very messy and indecisive - and is all mood and usage-reason based.

1 Like

1- AR
2- DN
3- OT (Sold)
4- A4
5- DT
6- MnM (Uw) (Sold)
7- MD (No Uw) (Sold)
8- Heat (Sold)

3 Likes
  1. AR MK2

2. AR MK1 (Given away)

3. DN

4. Octa MK2

5. DT

6. AK (Would prefer A4 MK2)

7. Octa MK1

8. Heat

4 Likes

DN
A4 mk2
MD UW+ mk2
OT mk2
AH
DT
MM+ mk2
AR (sold)

AR mk2 should get more love if I ever get it, but it was out of stock when I tried to get it after selling the mk1.

DT sounds really great, but the 30s of memory is just too short for my needs.

3 Likes

A4 mk1
OT mk2
Rytm mk1
MD sps1 uw
DIgitakt

2 Likes
  1. OT (MKII)
    Although a bit unfair, because I’m a proud owner since only 2 days. But man, this thing blows my mind. Completely hooked. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It’s an Octatrack. This thing has superpowers.
  2. A4 (MK1)
    The most awesome sounding, best looking, most portable and deepest synth I ever had. In fact, twice… After selling it a long time ago, I regretted it so much I immediately bought it again
  3. AR (MKI)
    Bought and sold 3 times. Always wanted to love it, but ended up not fitting in my mixes. Very probable I’ll buy a MKII one time, though :slight_smile:
  4. MD (MKII UW)
    Got rid of it quite fast. Liked it sound wise, but hated the fact everything I played was quantized…
  5. DT
    Now this machine didn’t fit me. Didn’t use the MIDI capabilities, sample mangling was too restricted, so it ended up as another drum box which I didn’t need.
4 Likes
  1. A4.
  2. RYTM (Well i prefer my Tempest now, but honestly the sequencing on the RYTM is a lot better.)
  3. Octa Unchallenged, at least for me. Nothing comes close.
  4. DN Very fun little synth, i wish some features would be implemented, but really cool device already.
4 Likes

1, Monomachine SFX-60mk II -SOLD - shouldnt have
2, Machinedrum SPS-I mkII - SOLD, shouldnt have
3, AnalogFour mkI - SOLD
4, Analog Rytm mk I - SOLD

that’s right - no Elektrons for me atm. Can’t see that changing any time too either.

1. OT / AR / DN - desert island setup
  2. A4 / MDUW - trusty friends
  3. MNM - love and hate relations (rather love)
  4. AK - too big for love :rofl:
4 Likes
  1. AR mk1
  2. DT
  3. OT mk1/mk2
  4. Machinedrum mk1
  5. DN
  6. A4 mk1
  7. Monomachine mk2
2 Likes

Looks like there might be a correlation between how much time people have put into each machine = how highly they rank it.

Certainly inspiring to see how varied people’s lists are.

4 Likes

1- Monomachine
2- Analog four
3- Machinedrum
4- Rytm ( sold )

This order reflects the overall weirdness, uniqueness and flexibility I achieved with those. If I were to order them regarding inmediate reward, the list would be absolutely backwards.

2 Likes

It actually took me a whole year to find the sweet spots and enjoy the MnM.
And first thing I thought after turning on the A4 was " can’t believe I just spent 1000 on a toy sounding synth"

Oh boy this is a tough one.

1. Octatrack Mk2 (it’s the only Elektron I have left now so winner by default).
  2. Octatrack Mk1 (where it all started to get a little more serious - loses out to the Mk2 due to the better interface)
  3. It’s really a tie between Analog 4 Mk1 (really liked this when I first had it) and
  4. Monomachine (should have spent more time with it :disappointed_relieved: )
  5. Digitakt (could easily be 3rd actually come to think of it - loads of fun with this one just shoddy build quality)
  6. Analog Keys
  7. Analog 4 Mk2
  8. Analog Rytm (really wanted to love this one but just didn’t get on with it at all. Actually found it pretty dull to play with which is insane considering the performance/scenes stuff you can do)

Tempted to return to the MnM. Would a DN cover the bases enough? Perhaps. Food for thought…

2 Likes