The Elektron machines you have owned - rank them!

1. Analog Heat
    Uhhh…
  2. Its decksaver
15 Likes

Oh, it looked like more for a second, late night last night, just getting going, must make more coffee… :coffee:
It’ll make me read better… :smile:

1 Like

OT MK2
OT MK1
DT
AR MK2
A4 MK2
DN
AR MK1
AH
A4 MK1

OT MK1/A4 MK1 have been sold.

6 Likes

The truth is OT MKII , Digitone, and my Roland TM-2 give me more possibilities out of a total of 8 TRS outputs than anything else I’ve had ever has.
That’s why they are at the top and that’s why the others have gone and the AK will too.

I’ll keep the Monologue since it is a great DAW controller and chromatic keyboard for OT.

2 Likes

Whoa! The MK2s are that good?! Or is the thing that puts the DN above them is the layout?

Apparently, if you send them back several times, they are getting better and better. :smile: :wink:

14 Likes

I will also accept donations haha.

2 Likes

Blimey, if you replaced it with the DT for MIDI sequencing then the Squarp must have been really bad.

AR mkII
A4 mkII
OT mkII
AH
AR
A4
OT

6 Likes

For me,

DN
MM
AH
DT
MD
A4
RYTM
OT

4 Likes

MDUW mkII - the best and most capable by far. Shouldn’t have sold it. I make do with Microtonic and Push 2. Nothing seemed crippled or lacking on the MD. Rock solid. I made some of my favorite beats with this one.

AR mkI - still own it. Second one I’ve had. But probably selling soon. Mainly run samples through it, but find myself using Push 2 way more. I guess I never really fell in love with the analog drum synth machines.

A4 mkI - Sold. What can I say, I’m more a fan of Elektron drum machines than synths. I don’t p-lock synths a lot. I like simple stabs and pads and basic leads… and knob-per-function interfaces.

I would love to see a Digitakt mkII (or maybe next version of Octatrack with sound engine of DT) with separate outs (for use with pedals, pedals, pedals), more fx, etc. I might hop back on the Elektron train eventually. Stereo outs and OB ain’t for me, personally.

7 Likes

I hear ya. Me too. I’m slimming down considerably over the next few months.

1 Like
  1. MD
  2. A4
  3. AR
  4. AH
  5. OT
  6. Sidstation
  7. MnM
3 Likes

?

Are you asking why that order?

I could almost give the same order. I can’t speak for coreyapppleby but the SID is a very powerful chip and sound that goes beyond its specs. It has history, it has a very cool design story. It’s a part of a pretty interesting sub-culture. It has a lot of sentimental and nostalgic value for a lot of people. The SID Station took that, made it controllable beyond a machine code monitor or text based editor, added functions and features, packaged it in an interesting and different little box, and if you have any interest at all in any of what I just mentioned, ever owned a C64, love chip tunes, love quirky sound chips, love video games, etc. etc. then that makes a lot of sense.

It was tough for me not to put it at the top of my list for all of these reasons, but as far as just the overall synthesizer experience, I had to list the others and separate out the SID Station into it’s own honorable mention type category in an attempt to be objective.

3 Likes

I actually didn’t like the MnM, it just never clicked with me.

1 Like

The MD SPS1 Mk1 was my first Elektron machine I owned bought back in 2001 and was for me the best first generation box Elektron have made to date, I’d say the most fun.
Second place goes to the AR, great box, shame about the lack of midi sequencing.
Third place goes to the Digitakt, still early days but its a little beauty.
And lastly the OTmk1…which I hated with a passion.

4 Likes

1.1 OT mk1
1.2 A4 mk1
2. DT (had to leave cause it didn’t bring much to the table the mighty 1.1 wasn’t capable of)
3. AR mk1 (that I bought on ebay but it never arrived)

3 Likes

1 A4 mk1
2 Akeys
3 Mduw
4 OT mk1
5 Rytm mk1
6 Heat
7 Mnm
Love them all though, even without OB. No mk2 for me ever.

4 Likes

Nice topic!

My list:

1: Ot mk1
2: A4 mk1
3: MnM mk2
4: Mduw mk2

I really like the MnM and tweaked myself out of orbit with it, but I recently bought an A4 mk1 and it turns out to be a performance monster which does some real damage when fed into the Ot and vice versa…

M.

6 Likes