Octatrack & Behringer Model D: Midi Sequencing

Hey thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this does not work either… I’ve attached a video to show the issues that I am facing. What do you think could be the problem?

TIA.

Main problem I can see is shooting vertically at first ! :smile:
Second is that you didn’t listened to me and you want to do everything at the same time. :slight_smile:

I recommend again to START A NEW PROJECT, focus on a 1 bar midi sequence with 1 midi track only. You don’t need to go in ALL menus. Midi Note Setup suffice.

You have to set levels with GAIN (MIXER) or Model D level first, so check the red led with DIR set to 127.

After you can set a Thru track, set DIR to 0.

1 Like

Don’t use Sync.
The Thru track trig is a regular trig, not a recording trig.
Make it simple, choose a basic sound preset sound for Model D.
Have fun ! :slight_smile:
:sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

Thanks for the above but unfortunately no luck with this either :frowning: Never thought it would be some dam difficult to make music sigh

1 Like

Ok thanks your video is much clearer, and you made it simpler.
For tests you don’t need to name projects. You can delete them later.
What you did seems right. :thinking:

Model D is set to midi channel 1 I guess.
Is there a menu to choose between midi and usb on your Model D ?
Can you check with another midi cable ? (Or check your midi cable with other gear)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion

6 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion

there are switches on the back of the behringer model D for setting the midi channel, are those set to channel 1? (all of the switches should be to the bottom, pg 11 of manual)

4 Likes

Hey, yeah these are all set to channel 1. I am now just looking through the Behringer manual to see if there is a USB/Midi-in toggle or something just to see… Have a feeling there isn’t. Does anyone know if there is at all? Any boog users?

Cheers,

There is none, although there is a remote possibility to have disabled the switch bank.

I don’t have the bandwidth to see your videos, so may I ask whether you have been able to sequence the Model D from the OT (leaving until later the question of using the Thru machine on the OT)?

When you say “all” the switches are set to channel 1, what do you mean?

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying Peter.

It send 1 bar of sequenced notes the other night and then cut out and played a long sustained singled note - sounded broken. I’ve ordered another midi cable now - sequencing the Nord Lead A1 didn’t work either and I recall you tried to help me with this too.

All 4 switches on Model D are aliged and which sets the midi channel to 1

2 Likes

Hoping it’s just a midi cable problem.

Midi channels switches

1 Like

Maybe start by de-checking all receive boxes in the midi setup?

Worth a shot making sure you’re selecting midi channels on the OT correctly. On the OT, when you select a midi channel on a midi track, make sure you push the relevant encoder to select the channel. The grey highlight over the channel number will then go off and the OT will remember that setting.

Easy to miss this.

1 Like

are you on about the midi send/receive clock menu etc?

dcb71fc9c02e162fc876d03456cb4228f3ec7207_1_690x444

Yes

all done on this front. Thanks though

de-checking and then re-checking them, right?

Well, I’m not sure why you’d want the OT to receive sync messages as well as sending? I remember having forgot to de-check the receive boxes and got similar result as you describe. However, that was also including a midi in to the OT which of course complicated things :).

No improvement if you just deselect the receive boxes? Also, was thinking that you could try to set the OT midi to not make use or channel 1? In the settings you seem to have 1-8 for the OT internally, right? Maybe try just setting the first one to “off” and then let the BMD have that channel by its own?