Octatrack & Behringer Model D: Midi Sequencing

Anyone had any luck sequencing the model D by the OT?

I’ve followed the tutorial in the OT manual (near the end) and having no luck getting any audio out of the OT?

Please help! :frowning:

Thanks

1 Like

I can help if you’re online.

I’ll pm you.

Funnily enough I did this myself last night for the first time.
I’m a beginner and after a couple of issues I found it fairly quick to get going.
So hopefully you can find a way forward. I’m happy to help if I can.

3 Likes

Hey I would appreciate that massively!

What we’re the issues you faced?
Thanks. I will touch base with masa_akala as they’ve pm’d me :slight_smile:

so happy to know that others have found a way to work this

For me it was about understanding the need to set up a THRU track and using a trig on step 1. This allows the audio through and I can then turn the dir and gain levels down. My problem was also being able to get the single mono input of the Model D to come through on both channels but this method solved things.
All pretty basic stuff but it’s the first time I’d really used a midi track.

1 Like

Thanks.

Is the trig on step 1 for the thru track on T1 audio or T1 midi? sorry to ask a silly question - not in front of the OT Right now. Are able to share some photo’s of the midi menu set ups? I’ll send mine through below this message.

Would be great to get this solves as obviously you guys seemed to sort it. Starting to think it could be down to cheap midi cables maybe because it worked for a short period of time last night :frowning:

6df71099c936427476a61f3840ebee69a0a111f3_1_689x443dcb71fc9c02e162fc876d03456cb4228f3ec7207_1_690x44494ebbddc9a1f81b38ad54a73bba7e4fd524a5741_1_634x500

Don’t worry, it’s not a silly question at all. The trig is on step 1 of the designated THRU track. I think it is essentially an ‘on switch’ for the audio to start coming through.
Also, on your THRU track select the input as the one which the Model D is connected to. In my case the was input A.
There are apparently other methods but this one worked for me.

As I said, I’m a novice so if anyone one else knows better then please chime in.

Wicked thanks very much for clarifying :slight_smile:

I read somewhere that midi and audio tracks can clash and maybe this might be why it hasn’t been working for me. As such, what midi channel have you set the model d to? Also on the Octrack, did you have the THRU track on a different track to the Midi track - so not on the same numbers…?

If you are able to take screenshots of the OT - that would be hugely helpful.

Cheers

First you have to concentrate on Midi tracks to control your synth, in Midi Mode. (Pictures above are related to Audio Tracks and midi clock sync, not for synth control)

Start with a new project.
Choose any midi channel for your synth, and set the same midi channel in Midi Note Setup page, validate by pressing the knob.

Set some trigs in Grid Recording mode, it will play C3 by default.

MIXER PAGE : Check incoming audio with DIR AB = 127, if the synth is plugged in INPUT AB. Set your synth level knob, and increase GAIN up to orange / red led for peak level.

You can set THRU machine after.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this does not work either… I’ve attached a video to show the issues that I am facing. What do you think could be the problem?

TIA.

Main problem I can see is shooting vertically at first ! :smile:
Second is that you didn’t listened to me and you want to do everything at the same time. :slight_smile:

I recommend again to START A NEW PROJECT, focus on a 1 bar midi sequence with 1 midi track only. You don’t need to go in ALL menus. Midi Note Setup suffice.

You have to set levels with GAIN (MIXER) or Model D level first, so check the red led with DIR set to 127.

After you can set a Thru track, set DIR to 0.

1 Like

Don’t use Sync.
The Thru track trig is a regular trig, not a recording trig.
Make it simple, choose a basic sound preset sound for Model D.
Have fun ! :slight_smile:
:sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

Thanks for the above but unfortunately no luck with this either :frowning: Never thought it would be some dam difficult to make music sigh

1 Like

Ok thanks your video is much clearer, and you made it simpler.
For tests you don’t need to name projects. You can delete them later.
What you did seems right. :thinking:

Model D is set to midi channel 1 I guess.
Is there a menu to choose between midi and usb on your Model D ?
Can you check with another midi cable ? (Or check your midi cable with other gear)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion

6 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion

there are switches on the back of the behringer model D for setting the midi channel, are those set to channel 1? (all of the switches should be to the bottom, pg 11 of manual)

4 Likes