Off-topic discussion 583

Helpfool, as usual ! :thup:

2 Likes

If he wants to make music and can’t get OT midi sequencing working after several days of trying, it’s a valid option in my opinion… I sequence Boog from Ableton using usb midi and it works great.

Great. Proud about it in Ableton or Boog forums ?
No help.

With a new project, a trig on a midi track, with a channel set, Octatrack sends a midi note.

It is much simpler than installing Ableton with a computer with soundcard etc…

What is between OT midi out and synth midi / audio connections / settings is another story.

I assumed he already has computer with a DAW as most do… Seems it’s not very simple to get midi sequencing working with OT? With a daw, it’s pretty effortless.

That is why I suggested to sequence the synth using a daw and then sample it to OT in case OT midi sequencing gives headaches. I have personally suffered from buggy CV sequencing in A4 so I know how frustrating it can be to try to get external sequencing to work properly with Elektron devices.

@lemons this is an Octatrack topic.
You don’t know it. So please don’t share your bad experiences with A4.

Yes, and I proposed a solution to enable the OP to make music with his OT. If midi sequencing with OT doesn’t seem to work, it is a viable option to use other methods for that part.

Don’t know what? Of course I share my experiences with Elektron devices in this forum. Who made you the moderator?

@sezare56 my friend please avoid such personal attacks.
When you have a problem with a post, please just flag it and let us @PeterHanes / @avantronica / @AdamJay deal with it.

@lemons replying is fuelling it. I guess when you come to the point where you write “Who made you the moderator?”, you can just contact us :tongue:

2 Likes

Octatrack is a great midi sequencer. Saying it apparently doesn’t work and that Ableton is a better solution pisses me off. I don’t like to flag.

This post is off topic too :

OT may be the greatest midi sequencer ever made, but the OP had difficulties getting it to work even after following your advice. Ableton midi implementation is plug and play in this sense and just works and thus I think it is a good option to suggest.