Logic Pro X and Overbridge

Hi Guys! Just a little problem.
I have setup my Elektron instruments with Ableton (A4+AR) and woks perfectly. I have try to do the same in Logic Pro X, but not with success…

When I load AU on midi channel, no audio.
And when I try to select audio interface Elektron for separate input, no audio too. Any helps?

Can someone post his setup screenshot?
Thanks a lot!

Here my Ableton Setup!

I had the same problem at first. you need to activate main outputs on control panel app. But i still can’t make multiple outputs from OB plugin. And OB host mode sync doesn’t work properly so i use midi sync.

Hey HR thanks for the help. I try it in studio! :slight_smile:

Really need to know how to do.

In Live it’s easy to setup multiple output without selecting Rytm as soundcard. Useful if we have some other synths plugged into our main soundcard.

But can’t find how to do on Logic…

Also having problems with Logic here. Audio routing is fine, with my A4 and Rytm in an aggregate device with my Apollo Twin Duo.

I currently have my Slim Phatty routed through the Apollo’s first input, with my Blofeld routed through the A4’s external input.

Everything seems to work fine when sequencing from Logic, however when the Rytm’s sequencer is badly out of sync and doesn’t start running until around the 3rd beat in the first bar. I have midi sync set to follow song position, and the Rytm catches up to some extent after the slow start, but it’s still not quite in time. Plugin delay compensation is switched on for all.

Would be grateful for any input, I have no sync issues using the AU plugins in Live.

Benway, did you setup the same buffer value in Logic and Overbridge AU plugin ?

Normally we can route the multiple output from AU plugin to audio tracks, without using aggregate device, but can’t find how to do…

Hey, thanks for the reply. I tried setting both each at 128 and 256, no difference in the result.

I’ve set up the three devices giving me 30 or so ins, used the Phatty and Blofeld as external instruments in Logic and routed their audio through the appropriate inputs, while I’m using the Overbridge plugins’ audio for the A4 and Rytm.

Seems to be working fine sequencing each of the machines from Logic - I haven’t even tried running the A4’s sequencer as yet.

I suspect that the problem I’m having here is with the Rytm’s sequencer sync with Logic rather than an audio latency thing, although I’m far from being an expert in these things.

I am having exactly the same problem with Logic pro X on Yosemite.
128 buffer used for the daw and the plugin.
Sync option turned on.
Tested on a Imac 27 2012 and a Macbook pro 13 2015 and same problem.
There is no sound for about a bar and its out of sync after that.

Recording 10 tracks with AR and OB :

I created Agreg Device with my Duet 1 Apogee and Elektron Analog Rytm Core Audio

With Overbridge i routed the 8 instruments tracks (internal in Logic) and i used physical Main Out of the AR on the input of my Duet 1 for Main FX.

All is perfect, i can record a complete live act without problems. For me 10 tracks is important because i play only with improvisation and i need to record te FX Main Out. Of course you can use all imput of your main soundcard for more sources…
The record with USB and Firewire is ok, no phases issues, the sync with Logic and the AR is ok too.
You need of course setup midi sync in Logic/Pro Tools and create a 48000 khz session. For the Pro Tools video it’s a 32 bit session :wink:

I made a video with Logic X, Pro Tools 10 (it working with Logic 9 too).

On the video i use Soundflower only for the video Capture and you see the CH/OH don’t respond, it’s just a miss click on the OB control panel, don’t care about that :wink:

The procedure of the setup is only 2 mn, really easy…
Enjoy :wink:

Sorry for my english… Regards from France

LOGIC X :

PRO TOOLS 10 (there is no sound during video capture, sorry but it working) :

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

:slight_smile:

"Multiple Outputs
The plugin exposes multiple audio outputs to the DAW. The first stereo channel is always the Main Out of the device. The remaining plugin output channels are the individual outputs from the synth or drum voices on your Elektron device."

this is from OB manual. and i did it on Ableton. and i know that i can create agregated device but it sopposed to work without using elektron machines as audio interfaces

bug for Overbridge beta 0.9.5.0 Analog 4 + Logic 9 ??

Getting stereo master out into overbridge AU
still figure out how to get seperate mono tracks from the A4 … anyway
stereo master out into logic channel comes in fine
even when tr8 is streaming full 11 channels via usb in 96khz 24 Bit :)))
2 tracks playing on the A4
when i start hititng the minikeys on another track, the a4 changes the pattern … omg
maybe a midi feedback or midi config??

another queastion:
As the overbridge AU is a “software instrument” there is no record button on the channel…??? So how to record the sound?

first problem solved … just have to select another logic channel as logic is receiving all midi to selected channel … soo logic was receiving midi notes from the a4 keyboar.

But i guess i found a real bug:
i tried to copy the logic channel with the overbridge au to check if overbridge will getting then the next inputs / mono tracks from the A4
logic sequencer was runung while doing this
shortly after, it made “click” and the audio was looping.
disabled the second overbridge au - audio loop went of, but still no more sound from the a4
reload the first overbridge AU, have a green light in the control panel but still no sound.

Thanks for the vids!
The thing is I have signal but no sound. I’ve followed your setup but still no sound. Don’t know what to do here :disappointed:

i think you can use only one plugin at once

After so many hours trying to setup OB in Logic Pro X my conclusion is that this thing doesn’t work on Logic Pro X - Yosemite. Don’t waste your time.

I did have some problems with Logic and Aggregate Device.
My setup: Rytm, A4, Aira TR8, TB3, VT3 and Focusrite 18i8 with some analog synths connected to it’s audio inputs.

The 18i8 is first in the aggregate device (MAC) chain. 18i8 has to be first so the Aira series can run in 48 or 44.1 instead of 96 khz.
Then the Rytm, A4, TR8, TB3 and then the VT3. With the VT3 I discovered that was the reason that there were no audio in or out in Logic. I removed it from the aggregate device and there was sound again.

Don’t know why the VT3 does this but now it’s out of the aggregate device and I run it analog in instead. Logic is now working with Overbridge and the Aira series with USB audio.

yep, same here. I have no idea how to setup the individual mono outs via overbridge AU. Would be great to have a short tutorial from Elektron how to do this … or it´s maybe not possible in the beta version as AU support will comes with overbridge 1.0

Not quite my experience. It works fine for me except for sync between Logic and the Rytm’s step sequencer. Works ok if I sequence my Elektron boxes from Logic, and as above no issues with audio routing through aggregate audio device, including using the A4 as an audio in for my Blofeld. Logic 10.1, Yosemite 10.10.4, 2014 Macbook Pro. Other people may have been having more serious problems, but based on my experience it’s definitely not a waste of time. Are you sure you’ve enabled the individual track outs in the Overbridge Control Panel?

Some progress on the step sequencer thing in Overbridge 9.9.0: when I switch on sync sequencer to host but switch off “also follow song position and perform jumps”, sync is pretty acceptable at 128 buffer settings in both Logic and Rytm. The only thing is that if you have Logic set up to loop a section of your project, the AR’s sequencer stops instead of looping.

Behaviour with “follow song position” switched on is identical to that described above. Doesn’t come in until the third beat of the bar in either case, though, and I don’t get audio until the third beat of the bar sequencing from Logic, either. Weird. Sync sequencing from Logic isn’t perfect, mind you, but it’s fairly acceptable. Everything’s working much better in live. Still, we’re getting there…

I’m sure overbridge is not yet ok with Logic.
Let’s ask on the main thread -)