How do you set-up Rytm multi-midi and audio channels in Logic X?

How do I set this up for a track to send midi and receive an individual out from the Rytm?

In Ableton, I set up an Instrument track and tell it to send to midi channel 1 and receive audio from outs 3/4

I’m not seeing how to do this in Logic. Can someone point me to a reference?

Thanks,
Ad

Anyone?

try to use software instrument
I use this for my A4 and it´s recording notes from minikeyboard and sends audio to this logic channel. should be the same with the AR

or try “external instrument” … you can setup a midi interface + midi channel and a audio input

Thanks! I’m curious though if we’re talking about the same thing.

With other AUs in Logic, I have the ability to route multiple outs from the plug-in. Either I don’t have this option with the A4 or Ar or I can’t figure out how to setup and route multiple audio outs within the plug in.

When I select the AU, it doesn’t even give me a multi out AU option to choose.

And then there’s setting up different midi channels to send to the AU plug in which it’s kind of a nightmare.

With Ableton this is all straight forward, why is it so complicated in Logic. I’m hoping someone can post a video or step by step instructions.

Thanks
Ad

Seconded! This would be really helpful.

I can’t get it to work in Logic either. The Analog RYTM AU should offer different I/O modes for inserting, but it only offers a “stereo” configuration. I tried rescanning the AU, but it didn’t change anything.

Elektron, how is this supposed to work?

I’m on today’s OB 0.9.9, btw.

not a logic user, but this thread seems to have the answers: Logic Pro X and Overbridge

Thanks. The thread helps explain setting up an aggregate device but it sounds like individual outs within the application, similar to Ableton Live, are not possible at the moment. Or it’s a bug.

yeah it seems it is not possible at the moment. Maybe because Elektron mentioned AU will be supported in OB 1.0 and not in the beta. So fingers crossed that OB1.0 will be released as soon as possible

HI, Just wondered if anyone has had any joy with this?

Ideally I’d like multi midi & Audio channels.

Midi in & out, so I can record Midi sequences (and automation) then ‘re-trigger’ performance.