[FUNC] SaveProj DN - pattern manager for Digitone

Hello guys,

I just released [FUNC] SaveProj DN: it’s a program for MacOS that allows you to manage your projects and patterns on a deeper level than what is allowed by Transfer or C6.

You can drag-and-drop items (songs, patterns, and sounds) between projects, and the dependencies will be kept. For example, you can select a song in one project, drag it to another project, and all dependent patterns will be copied along. Not only patterns, also the sounds used in soundlocks.

Re-organizing items within a project also works. For example, you can re-arrange the sounds in your soundpool and patterns with soundlocks will be updated with the new numbers.

Just connect your Digitone, load the project into the program (or open a .dnprj file that you got from the Transfer app) and start dragging. Remember to back up! You can also do it in the program, as it allows saving projects into .dnprj files. When you’re done, you can send the project back to your Digitone.

The functionality is further described in the app’s help. The program is confirmed to work on firmware version 1.40B and 1.41.

Check it out on the AppStore!

30 Likes

Look forward to hearing about a DT version. (No pressure :wink: )

2 Likes

Working on it.

6 Likes

Nice!

Will check it out. Actually comes in handy at the moment.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks man, I really enjoy your music and videos! Glad to be helpful.

1 Like

Great Work!

I will definitely buy it. i have one question: is it possible to edit the pattern names? so that you can create them as a backup on the one hand and rename them on the other hand and they will be displayed with the new name when you transfer them to the digitone again? or can you even rename it directly remotely in the digitone?

1 Like

Thanks! Sure, it is possible to rename songs, patterns and sounds (use the “Rename” mode option in the top right), even the project itself (use the pencil button next to the project name).

1 Like

the tool is great. i have already used it to consolidate my collection of sketch projects into one project. everything works wonderfully. even the soundpool locks are actually transferred to new projects!

i have a question before i start trying it myself: can sounds in the soundpool slots in a project also be moved (and will the soundpool locks on trigs adjusted in the patterns)?

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! And yes, if you’re moving sounds within a project, soundlocks are updated as well. I use this to arrange my soundpool by the sound type - kicks in the beginning, then snares, then hats and everything else.

3 Likes

so good. thanks so much for this time-saving application!

1 Like

I assume it won’t work on ios?

Not yet, but I plan to make it work on as many platforms as I can. In fact, I started developing it in SwiftUI (new UI framework from Apple, supposed to be uniform for all platforms), hoping it would translate easily to iOS. But I quickly reached the limits of its flexibility and had to develop the crucial part of the interface in AppKit (oldie but goodie framework from the 1990s that Steve Jobs developed in NEXT).

5 Likes

Wow, this just saved me a lot of time, and helped me get a pretty sprawling set of projects in order fast. What a gift.

1 Like

This is really cool. Is the underlying structure of the Syntakt very different from Digitone? Would it be possible to, in the future, without that much trouble creating something similar for the latter? Being able to do this on both the Syntakt and the Digitone would be awesome!

3 Likes

Yes, Syntakt should be feasible. I will take it on after Digitakt.

6 Likes

Great to hear! Looking forward to what you will release in the future!

1 Like

If this had existed several years ago, I probably would have kept my Digitone! Great work. It was really tiring combining patterns from multiple projects and keeping track of preset sounds.

1 Like

Maybe now it’s time to buy it again - before it is discontinued, like Digitakt (allegedly) :wink:

It should actually also be included in the “Tools” list here:

@William_WiLD

2 Likes

@nickl This app is pure gold, thank you for creating it! :heart_decoration:

Feature request: Any chance you also could support MacOS 12 (Monterey?) :wink:

1 Like