What's next for Elektron?

So if Thomann (poor staff responding to the baiting emails) is to believed, there is no MK1 or MK2. Digitakt now heading to the next synthesizer museum.

Come on Elektron, SidStation mk2

I would like a Transfer 2.0 or MKII, whatever. With a sysex editor for visually reorganizing patterns and projects/songs while playback happens on the machine connected. (Trim the fat, shave and save space for more alt versions)

(like an arranger/organizer/DAW of sorts)

:metal: but whatever it will be (presented at Superbooth 24?) will be added to my Xmas list

4 Likes

Thing is though Elektron is still in business so they might as well make something that will sell a lot, and that alot of people would buy… sounds like
It might be a sound move to have a dt2 in their future

My point of view:

I’m still bothered by a bug when sampling, the lack of a solo function and the inability to start sampling synchronized with the play button. All little things that would make the DT as we know it today perfect for my purposes.

1 Like

Keep an eye on this thread, Digitakt version is being considered by the author.

9 Likes

Hmm we should try making music some time

1 Like

isn’t it mostly already in the rytm with the SY CHIP? you get 3 voices, or 4 with 2 chokes, plenty of waveshapes, up to 4 notes arp not including what you can do with the sequencer and p-locks, analog filter and so on… and you can totally sample stuff to use more tracks/voices…

2 Likes

See that ? This thread got you, you’re too invested. Don’t take my post too seriously, don’t take any post of this thread too seriously.

2 Likes

I just want 8/12 track mixer with analog heat + fx built in… thanks Elektron!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Confirmed, it’s a tape deck

EDIT: There is space for a good production one in the market for sure

8 Likes

I realy think its a good time to release a new Mothership…something flexible like the Octatrack that incorporates some of the features of historicaly popular Machines like Machinedrum and Monomachine but also some new fresh performance based features and an overhaul on IO with maybe WiFi but a USB host minimum, Memory and dare i say it…a battery!
Octatrack footprint…please not the slanted plinth shape! Just a tabletop flat box.

1 Like

I once listed the release rhythm of new releases and updates.

From this, I could draw three insights:

• It is not possible to predict when Elektron will bring a novelty to the market.
    Only one thing seems certain: they will do it.
  • It is not possible to predict what the unique features of a new device will be.
    Only one thing is certain: they will exist, they will polarize, they will have an impact.
  • There are always further developments for the older devices (okay, the “Model” series seems to be a bit lonely right now), or hacks are accepted benevolently.

Electron was always good for surprises.
So, we can happily continue to speculate and hope for a “DT MK2” or “OT MKX” or whatever. …At the end of the day, it will be a “Wavetakt” or “FXtakt” or “FXtone” or something else… Definitely not a table or a radio. Maybee

2 Likes

Elektron is releasing a new FX pedal. The +FX for those who have an Analog Heat I or II.

3 Likes

I like the idea of a Digitable or Radiotakt tho :rofl:

1 Like

What do you think? When will the DT MKII actually be released?

And how long will it take for them to release a DN MKII? If ever?
Since the DN was, you could say, the child of Ess and he is not working there anymore, will they maybe do something else?

I don’t have so much experience with Elektron’s way of things. And I know, that no one can really answer these questions (even if they knew). But maybe someone with a bit more experience has an idea.

1 Like

16 Tracks, Kits (only if you want), fm from digitone, one shots from digitakt (but with stereo samples)
retrig, arps where it makes sense
last 4 tracks can be mixbus & loopers
lets not forget the scenes, and faders per track.
and pattern per track too.
and please put enough memory and storage into it. Storage should be exchangeable by user

Und dann bin i aufgwacht und das Nachtkastl hatte Schamesröte.

1 Like

I don’t think we are gonna get Mk2’s of the digi boxes. IF anything, they just might swap out the screen to be white and maybe some internal chips or something to simplify their parts procurement. But that wouldn’t be a Mk2 in the sense that people here are hoping for.

In my opinion, the ST and Ah+FX were stopgap products to keep revenue flowing in while they develop their next generation of products (which doesn’t diminish ST and AH+FX as good products). It was Nov 2021 when they were hiring new Rust devs, I think timeline wise it makes sense for that endeavour to start bearing fruit?

Whatever comes next, I think it will have much more capable processors than the stuff that is in current boxes. And I think they will keep pushing this “machine” philosophy that is used in ST and got introduced to the DT. A device that can flexibly utilize its tracks for different purposes.

13 Likes

Rust never sleeps! :metal:

5 Likes