Zero Samples Loaded issue

Anybody else having this problem.
When it does not crash, I am having problems loading in samples. 0 samples loaded when I select one to load into a project. Follow instructions as per 8.2 in quick guide. Select sample, yes to check mark it. Right arrow, load to project “zero samples loaded”

I think the thing is confused as far as how many samples are in the project. It seems like it’s loading previous projects although I deleted all projects and created new ones.

This is probably my worst experience with a piece of hardware.

How many appear in the src list when you are trying to assign to pattern ?

Have you tried boot mode / reset or any of the other options ?

I tried a reset but it did not delete my samples. My thought is that perhaps I have too many on the unit.
I will check on the SRC list. So I assume what you’re getting at is if the SRC list (127) is full, I can’t load any.

The issue as well is when I load or create a new project the samples from the previous project are still there.

I did a reset again and deleted all the sounds / Samples. Will give it another go. Is there a way to clear the sample / sound list from a project? Is that what the clear option does?

it you start a brand new project , do you have any samples automatically allocated across the 8 internal tracks ?
kick,snare,tom,clap etc. ?

default are drums and nothing else.
but that is not all of the samples, that is only those in your project.

if you goto waveorms/cycles , select all, load them in, it should load in about 80 samples quite quickly.
otherwise it sounds a little weird.
are there any youtube vids what might show this stuff.

I’m having this issue right now. Did you fix the issue?

I had encountered this a while ago and determined that I had exceeded the memory limit allocated for samples.

So, be mindful that both the number of samples (127) and the memory utilized (limited, I believe, to 64 Mb) are limited.

In my case, the memory requirements of the samples that were a part of my project bumped up my memory utilization to its limit before I ever got to the limit in number of samples.

2 Likes

They need to up the Ram limit for realz

1 Like

Nope. Got rid of it. OT MKII and AR MKII on order

fuckin crazy man… i cant even format the drive now to delete… getting errors

thanks

thank you

1 Like

I think this is whats happening to me now. I decided to start recording 64 measure samples from my synths while I tweak live so I can play through them. Did not realize it would eat up the 64 mb of ram so quickly. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see the current RAM usage by all of your samples in the project? Or do you have to count them all up yourself and figure this out lol… Is there not like a #of RAM currently used. menu. Maybe I missed it that menu. Should read somewhere 34 MB of your 64 MB is currently used for example

In this thread is @mzero web app that scans and let’s you know the size of samples on your drive.
Afaik calculating beforehand wouldn’t be good cause the digi transfer app changes the sample in a way that significantly reduces size.

Two notes:

1. Transfer converts all sounds to 48kHz, 16bit, mono, PCM. It will transform any audio you feed it to that format. Thus, 96k bytes per second of sound. There is a small overhead per sample, but it is on the order of a few 100 bytes.

2. Alas, my app doesn’t show you information about samples loaded into the project, and thus you can’t see how you’re stacking up against the 64MB limit.
    _
    Current firmware doesn’t have the functions to do this. I’ll update the app as soon as new firmware supports them.

1 Like

I agree! I mean small little flash drives are available with GIGs! of ram… they are tiny… why couldn’t they just use this technology and implement one of those lil guys in this DT? 64mg its like the stone age! Memory upgrade ill send mine for factory install plz.