Your Setups (Part 1)

I already did that :joy:
The picture above for Minitaur/DN/M:S was from 2021

13 Likes

Ah I see… hmm well hard to say, white keys look pretty alright too actually :face_with_monocle:

The noise removal on the bottom right is absolutely necessary (?) though

No, not too long at all. That’s great. Thank you!

1 Like

OT can be polled by sending a specific cc# and it will respond by sending out all its cc parameters. The other elektrons don’t have this feature. They do however send out individual cc’s when a parameter is changed and it is configured to do so. But that’s not a practical way to sync with a 32 knob controller or so.

Thanks. Very interested.

I put together a small comfortable rig for my first live show post-lockdown, though it is the first time i’ll be taking the modular out live! (gig info listed in this post in the lounge
Bristol (UK) Sat 26th March, Larkhall, Duncan Speakman, Jay Chakravorty )

22 Likes

Is that the Analog Heat Mk3 on the left?

8 Likes

it’s actually the protoype. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

love the custom cable hanger :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

*scrolls all the way back through this thread to see if there’s a matching setup :rofl:

3 Likes

For sure the highest quality items in the there hahaha.

Thanks for the info! I’ll give this a try with my midi fighter twister to see if I can deal with the limitations.

1 Like

Not wanting to complicate things, but I personally do feel it’s easier to ballpark flick a knob/fader/pot towards the right area than it would be with an endless encoder - I never fully get muscle memory with endless encoders.

Not to try to talk you into an expensive Faderfox, as said I use/like midi controllers on and off myself. But just to flesh out the full picture.

Did you already try to use the M+ to sequence external synths? If yes, I am wondering how is the experience as I read contrasted feedback…

Yes, for over a year now. I find the sequencing experience is fine for my use case but could be improved. YMMV.

I primarily use Maschine+ in the posted setup because it is quick to create lots of ideas and variations by assigning each synth to their own Group. The structure of Maschine’s workflow is the main selling point for me, not necessary the features of sequencer. It suffices, but I still keep other options on-hand, especially for step sequencing.

If I recall correctly, there is an issue with Maschine+ involving MIDI program change and continuous control data sent to external devices, which is possibly the root of the discontent expressed by others. Definitely take this into consideration, if it is highly important to your workflow.

1 Like

What guitar is that? Looks gorgeous!

3 Likes

Holy crap, that’s a dreamy setup right there!

Nice Guitar

thanks, it’s a Gibson melody maker (2014 edition), only gibson i could afford :slight_smile: …swapped out one of the P90s for some ‘metal’ style humbucker (maybe a dimarzio, can’t remember!)

4 Likes

A P90 and a High Output HB is a good choice…
Do you also use the OT for looping the guitar, like with a looper pedal? Is this technique convenient?