Your Setups (Part 1)

Faderfox controlling the RYTM? I was going to try that but I read that the RYTM doesn’t send its MIDI states so the knobs jump around when you switch patterns. Fake news?

No fake news, it’s correct what you’ve read. I think only OT can send its parameter state outward.

But for my use it’s fine - I currently am not really performing with prepared tracks or something, so not an issue with changing into new songs with new parameters.

Either I only use the Faderfox, which means the pots are always correct.

Or I accept some parameter jumps sometimes; which is also fine: I can guesstimate the ballpark parameter of a filter frequency for example and just quickly flick a pot towards that position.

Or, in the case of track volumes, I change the pot to zero or full when I’m muting track.

It’s not perfect as workflow, I tend to use midi controllers on and off. But the issue of pots not corresponding to parameters can be worked around for me well enough.

Not sure I ever posted some stuff in this thread. Anyway here is my “Electric Voyage Studio” setup … view from my chair.

44 Likes

Do you have a chair now?

3 Likes

I’m on it right now, as when I took the picture, that’s why you can’t see it … it’s a mystery chair :wink:

5 Likes

Small setup but already lot of cables :sweat_smile:

Next steps: adding compact monitoring speakers (maybe the ilouds micro but open to more ideas) + the AH and replacing the scarlet by maybe an Apollo interface. Always new ideas…

16 Likes

Lots gone up for sale, but with this last re-shuffle, I think I can actually keep the Matriarch :slight_smile:

Best thing I did was remove all the cables hanging on the wall behind the Prophet 5. I bloody hated those.

Originally had the Matriarch above the P5 but was really uncomfortable to use and also felt a little overbearing. I’m coming to the conclusion I need less gear and less clutter. It really messes with my head.

Just want to get a DFAM now and keep it at that. Unless it’s a tiny instrument like the Meng Qi Wingie MKII that turned up recently.

24 Likes

What serge panel is that? How do you like it?

1 Like

It’s two actualy, a Mantra and a TKB, both from Random Source.
I do LOVE those, if I had to keep only one modular synth that would be the one I think, it does sound SO good.

EDIT: Just thought I would add this little video I did recently with those so you can get an idea:

2 Likes

had this in the “latest purchase” thread but I guess it makes more sense here…

anyway, just finished a studio space saving upgrade:

the shelves/drawers don’t match (they are apparently not made in white), but that’s fine. now that I know the concept works, I’ll eventually convert the shelving unit in the back to the same, and make both of them fully chrome.

29 Likes

The button to delete

I got them at the store linked below. I already had the white shelving units (which I bought in ~2008 at Target), so I just replaced the actual shelves and kept the posts. you do need a non-sliding shelf on top to stabilize it; and it’s apparently best to go with the same brand as the sliding shelves. there are minor differences between manufacturers of these shelves and consequently the top (white) shelf on mine is a bit of a tight fit. but again, I’m eventually converting mine to 100% chrome anyway, so I’ll address that. it works fine for now.

3 Likes

Tonight’s couch setup (while everyone else’s asleep): cat and Digitone

25 Likes

Doing a bit of rearranging, and trying to get things so I can reach everything easily. Not “finalized” :smiley: yet.

19 Likes

Not my setup but this hacker interviewed on Italian telly has a nice setup with an A4

(Not sure if this has been posted)

55 Likes

Those eyes … why do people think they’re incognoto with a skimask? People gotta be more careful when doing interviews as illegal hacker … jeez :sweat_smile: Also he can’t post his setup here anymore! There is a reason why most MTV Cribs episodes were shot at another location mostly and not their real homes!

7 Likes

This weekend I went back to my setup from a year ago and to be honest with myself it’s all I need…

31 Likes

why do people think they’re incognoto with a skimask?

Maybe it’s Skee mask himself?

2 Likes

The cables are fine on the floor.

My sanctuary in the garage

Been changing gear way too often over the past year but i’m finally feeling content and productive with this setup.

26 Likes