Your Setups (Part 1)

Did you already try to use the M+ to sequence external synths? If yes, I am wondering how is the experience as I read contrasted feedback…

Yes, for over a year now. I find the sequencing experience is fine for my use case but could be improved. YMMV.

I primarily use Maschine+ in the posted setup because it is quick to create lots of ideas and variations by assigning each synth to their own Group. The structure of Maschine’s workflow is the main selling point for me, not necessary the features of sequencer. It suffices, but I still keep other options on-hand, especially for step sequencing.

If I recall correctly, there is an issue with Maschine+ involving MIDI program change and continuous control data sent to external devices, which is possibly the root of the discontent expressed by others. Definitely take this into consideration, if it is highly important to your workflow.

1 Like

What guitar is that? Looks gorgeous!

3 Likes

Holy crap, that’s a dreamy setup right there!

Nice Guitar

thanks, it’s a Gibson melody maker (2014 edition), only gibson i could afford :slight_smile: …swapped out one of the P90s for some ‘metal’ style humbucker (maybe a dimarzio, can’t remember!)

4 Likes

A P90 and a High Output HB is a good choice…
Do you also use the OT for looping the guitar, like with a looper pedal? Is this technique convenient?

Thank you for this comprehensive answer :slightly_smiling_face:

I used to have a maschine mikro and really liked the workflow but I think I will stick to the Elektron-with-overbridge-in-Ableton universe workflow-wise

1 Like

not much looping no, though i do grab a lot of sounds from it into flex machines as I play, sometimes manually but mainly with rec trigs, these are more for mangling though as each time i record it replaces last grab. Generally I use it more as a modulatable FX unit, multiple tracks each providing different textures/rhythms

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Your technique sounds interesting…

very sneaky with the OT mk1 skin on a mk2 :face_with_monocle:

23 Likes

39 Likes

current deep dive combo.

29 Likes

All these clean setups needed a dose of chaos!

Actually, I love clean setups. The desk cleans up well, but this is what I’m working on now.

Fresh new Elektron gear smell…

Digitakt arrived and I’m new to this, so I’m enjoying the flashy lights on this thing until I can dive deeper.

22 Likes

Aside from the obvious cable management I’ve got ahead of me this thing is ready to make about 3.5 hours of racket at my next gig. Deton8 and PO20 into the Hart mixer. I used the headphone out as a send to Monotron Delay which is returned on channel 5. Works like a champ. The Hart’s out goes to the Charlie Foxtrot and then to the SuperEgo. That goes to the Jarman which has its own fuzz, phase and reverb. Seems like a pretty solid mono, lo-fi as fuck setup :0)

16 Likes

Here is my setup as it stands right now. I have a MAM MB33 MKII left to rack up once it arrives and then I am good until I decided on a nice stereo compressor :-).

@JES the jaspers rack is on the left with the lyra etc. on it. Everything is playable from sitting, but if I am at the lyra for a while I do prefer to stand.

39 Likes

Beautiful.

What kind of monitor speakers are you using?

How are you enjoying the OB-6, and what are you using it for?

Thanks.

1 Like

Seeing your setup is really helpful to me as we’ve got the same desk and sidecar and I need to economize the way I’ve got some synths sprawled out on a wide desk to my right. I think the Jaspers stand you’re using could really help me tidy things up. May I ask what specific model this is?

I’ve also got a Big Six on the way and seeing how it fits on the desk is quite a relief. I’ve measured things out, but still wasn’t 100% sure how it would fit on the desk. I also like how you’ve put it far
right. I’d been thinking centered, but then felt like it would sort of kill the flow of the desk a little. Nice, simple solution.

Lastly, what monitor stands are you using? They look extremely low profile. My crap laminate floors are a little uneven, so the stands I’d purchased with the desk don’t work well at all. I’ve got my monitors on the desk’s upper tier at the moment, but that kills off some valuable workspace for me.

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add:

I think I found the Jasper: Equipment Rack 150-6S

Also, I’d love to know more about how you’ve wired up routing to the board and patchbay. I need to start working on my spreadsheet to suss out what’s going to be normally into the mixer and/or the UA Apollo, etc…

2 Likes

you chose your tools wisely ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @HBill. You may have just sold one. I can see what you mean about removing shelves, too.

And hey, I’m also contemplating a performer to go with my Super 6.

1 Like