Your Setups (Part 1)

it’s a big ol chonk, but it gets the job done

1 Like

You’re doing something right when your monitor speakers are bigger than your computer monitor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl: Thanks, I like to think so. :nerd_face:

There are some changes…

19 Likes

I’ve got limited desk space so the setup changes constantly… When it’s set up at all. After a ton of recording in the first half of 2021, the last six months I’ve done nearly nothing and this desk space got taken over by stationery as holidays approached. But last week, I decided to finally sit down again with my little-used Model:Cycles and started growing a little setup from there. I decided to finally buy a Model:Samples to fill that space between Volca Sample and Octatrack and this setup turned out to be a lot of fun and yielded some good sounds and music. This is my FX eurorack box, with Imitor Versio and Qu-Bit Data Bender and Qu-Bit Chance for random modulation. The Morphagene slot switches around between Morphagene, Nebulae, and Lyra FX (all perfectly sized at 20HP for easy interchangeability when one has limited space).

17 Likes

This is my setup for 2022.
Nothing too fancy here but I like it a lot.

Not officially taking part at NGNY because I still would like to add a JV2080/XV3080 and maybe a Midiverb 2.
Plus I would like to save up on a new computer because OB handling 4 Elektron devices is not so cool right now speaking of performance.

Latest additions:

Who can guess what synth is hiding underneath the dustcover?
Hint: It is dirt cheap crap from 1989 but somehow also underrated imho

Actually I am only using the upper half of the rack. The rest is just storage.

Here is the sleeper.

16 Likes

I’ve gotten rid of a lot of gear. I feel like I have all my bases covered in this setup.

40 Likes

two zip ties and your studio is perfect! Sweet doggo too!

3 Likes

I think you meant to say you have all your guitars covered;)

1 Like

To be fair, there is a bass in the back right corner.

2 Likes

I boxed up the Peak to make way for a rack of three Boutiques. I might buy a Keystep 37 to put in front.

34 Likes

This is the Stwodio’s final form until the mythical Syntakt (which had better be a gaddang digital drum synth!) is released. The last year saw the addition of the Neutron, Micromonsta2, OTMKII (for the 3rd time), Medusa, Norns, and a full studio desk remodel. I’m loving the flexibility and depth I can get with all this!

19 Likes

Fear Factory :love_you_gesture:t3:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, nothing good since Obsolete :frowning:

3 Likes

20 years ago I listened to metal - but was in my top 10 of all time fav metal bands back then - demanufacture was the best

2 Likes

You still listen to metal, you’re just on a break. It’s ok. We’ll still welcome you back with open arms. If you’re in need of what’s awesome and new, message me. These past few years had some incredible releases.

3 Likes

Would love to know what desktop stands you’re using left, middle, and right! I’m weighing a table-based setup like this or going more Jaspers/Onstage 3-tier keyboard stand

Here’s my humble set up. In my mind it ticks all the boxes in terms of what I can do with it, and the sprawl of my set up - which I’m keen to keep manageable (but you can always get one more synth right??). My latest addition is the Rytm which has been incredibly fun to use! Have been GASing for a Lyra or Pulsar 23 but this will have to do for quite a while.

44 Likes

I just measured and using these stands means that all of my synths/modules would fit on a desk that is just 115cm wide x 40cm deep.

Top left (Analog Four) and middle (TD-3) I’m using these laptop stands from Amazon. These are very sturdy and will hold heavy desktop synths like the A4/RT or Peak with no wobble at all. They are adjustable too so you can choose pretty much any angle your want.

On the right I am using this UNIWAVE Boutique stand. This is an excellent stand. The Boutiques just sit on it so you can easily remove them or swap them out for other Boutiques.

Front left (Rytm) and middle (MC-707) I’m using two Brada laptop stands from IKEA. These are great for angling your desktop synths.

7 Likes

This is my set up for the next few days while we have electricians working on the house. This room is an addition that already has modern wiring so I am posting up in here for a bit.

12 Likes