Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I finished building these wooden stands yesterday afternoon and the empty space is for a Digitakt that should arrive today! The I pad runs iSem and Cubasis. Theres a Sony PCM D50 off to the right and it’s nice for collecting samples and re-amping synths. I love sending sounds through the air and using mic placement as EQ. I can open the door to the stairwell to add reverb. Not pictured is a Mulder cajon and another clarinet.

11 Likes

:+1: Love that when people do that kind of things.

7 Likes

Some great setups in here but I don’t know how any of you can deal without acoustic treatment on the walls… everything sounds like ass from the reflections…

My small home studio in quiet environment :wink: fun side i would say :slight_smile: no reflections at all :smiley: but I got used to :wink:

1 Like

Yeah man, I don’t get it either. All these setups with a grand’s worth of monitors, and many more thousands worth of gear, and no acoustic treatment. Or monitors just placed on a bit of foam or a box on a desk. Or monitors placed on their side for literally no good reason. Or monitors backed up right into the corner of a rectangular room.

Proper studio setup and acoustic treatment is totally the best bang-for-your-buck thing for improving your mixing, and for me it makes the whole process infinitely more enjoyable. Plus, if you can DIY, it’s soooo cheap.

3 Likes

It all depends on what you expect from your passion. I was on both sides of acoustic treatment issue. But after all making music and fun is the most important aspect :slight_smile:

at 33 with 2 kids and a wife, i’m hoping that the next house we get offers my very own room :blush:

our last place i was in the garage, though now i see how good i had it.

2 Likes

ae live circa 2001

1 Like

Yeah I get the whole “making music should be fun” thing. For me it isn’t fun if I can’t hear what I’m doing.

I’m guessing that Elektron users skew to higher income. There are quite a few people in this community that have seasoned professional careers. I wonder how this compares to other user groups. Enough thinking about economics then, back to synths.

Hey man, nice rig! How are you routing it all? do you have a secret hidden mixer somewhere?

Hey, thank you! The mixer is just to the right of Ableton Push 2, it’s a Roland mixer called MX-1.
Basically the Elektron boxes goes in the 6 analog inputs, the Virus TI2 in the digital input /spdif, and the TB-03 in USB input. It all works really well.

HA! didnt notice that… though it was the tr8…

If You don’t hear enough you should get proper treatment for sure. I’ve been in many professional studios and in compare my, sound shitty but as long I get used to that sound I’am able to do mixes quite properly :slight_smile: . Sometimes even 50, 60 steams, no problem to get quite standard sound quality.
In other way, what to expect from elektron gear. To be ohnest there is not much things to make mix sound pro, because of limitations of gear. EQ an compressors are quite limited because in my opinion Elektron is more designed for fun rather than to make propper mixing stuff. BTW there are no limitations, everyone can get any instrument and use it as he like.

I agree with you but many of us are working with a finite amount of space. If I could rent or purchase a house based on my studio considerations I would have the best acoustics. Alas, that’s not the case for many of us.

Yeah man, I’ve been there and I totally get that. My place is a rental, but luckily I’ve got a great landlord and plenty of space.

Still, there almost always something you can do to improve your listening environment, and it’s always worth it. I don’t want to rag on anyone. Each to their own etc.

1 Like

Hi Elektronauts, it’s my first post :slight_smile:

Updated my setup and workspace recently. Still in progress, need to settle down my DX11, Polyvox and patchbay.

7 Likes

Get those speakers on some foam when you get a chance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s that cme mixer looking thing?

That’s the Waveidea Beatstream 3X

2 Likes