Your setups [ 10k Archive]

June 2017 iteration.

I use the QuPac with Ableton and SDS Drop to simplify sampling into the Rytm.
Been dropping lots of AK joystick recordings onto Rytm pads this weekend.

4 Likes

Yep, agree, still thinking about get some stands for them, but maybe just foam will work?

running out of space on my desk - I need Keyboard stands. I was thinking multi-tear metal shelving, so that it would force me to stand rather than hunch over my table.

4 Likes

It’s a good thing to throw under them (and cheap). Anything to uncouple them from a solid surface. Monitor stands of course, are a better alternative but foam (or even towels or clothes) will help. Helps control the bass, keeps them from shaking off the table :wink:

Why did you sell your sub37?

Ye i’d like to know that too?

That guitar is a beaut.

Couple factors; namely I have a two keyboard policy. I don’t want to end up with stacks of synths and get lost fiddling with a sea of knobs instead of playing. I wanted a DX7II and I enjoy the OB6’s keybed and sound much more than the Sub37. Plus, I’m not the biggest fan of pure mono synths and the OB6 handles unison and being “phat” really well. Nothing against the Sub37, it just wasn’t right for how I approach music.

@Yorgos_Arabatzis @starmanwarz

2 Likes

The electric? I love it (if that’s the one you’re talking about). It’s a jaguar clone. The body is a 1967 Elk Deluxe- the neck is a reissue mustang neck. I’m trying to incorporate it into my Elektron setup. Kind of tricky but I’m almost there. The acoustic is a Little Martin. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a decent amount of gear but it’s all kind of focused toward ITB. I rarely even midi sync my hardware. Just write patterns/sketches in hardware then manual sync them in to Daw for overdubs/arrangement/editing. I’d be screwed/hospitalised trying to work entirely in hardware. I don’t have the time/patience these days. Hardware composition & sound design is by far the most fun/interesting part of the process tho…

Love the combo ob6/prophet6 and dx777777
Prophet 6 module looks a bit too big tho

1 Like

It’s been fantastic. The DX7II and OB6 have a way of making each other present in a mix when playing.

Negative.

MM and MD were liquidated after the last album was recorded. Just like the OP-1 after the album before.

A4 swapped for AK.

The focus is on AK+Rytm now, using all 20 analog outputs (combined) into the Qu-Pac, and making new music.

Will soon liquidate my RNC, Xkey37, and Pigtronix Looper, as well, as I haven’t played live in about a year.

My studio is a hotel for tools, not a home.

7 Likes

Thanks.
With my new job, I have less time to work on music. So trimming the excess and being ready to record instantly are critical.

5 Likes

How did you like the xkeys?
I am looking at maybe getting one.
I would love to trade my a4 for the ak tho, in hindsight that’s what I should have gotten, but the size is an issue for me. Whereas the xkeys is a good small footprint.
Also do you just leave a USB key in the mixer and it just records whenever you want? Seems cool. And it doubles as a sound card?

I’m wondering how stable are those macbook stands for elektrons ?

12 Likes

My lord, the hours I’d spend in that room.

1 Like

Do you use the A4 and Rytm with their reach that far away?

My second studio had vaulted ceilings like that.
Combined with a good absorptive sofa, I never needed a subwoofer in that room! :slight_smile: