Your setups [ 10k Archive]

BUNKER!!! Yes!

Listen to this cover, haha!
Ignore the video, the playhead is time stamped to play the song at the end…
BUNKER!!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That’s kinda how I’ve imagined the Gothenburg headquarters… :smile:
At least in the Octatrack days before they remodeled…

1 Like

Man this is nice! I’m not really into modular (besides the DFam) but was thinking of building a very small case for some glitchy effect processing.

1 Like

Any video/audio of that? I’d love to hear it.

1 Like

For the past year and a half, this small room in Booth’s flat has been the hub of Sean and Rob’s daily life: it’s here they crunch sounds around; burn tracks; absorb music from all the tapes, discs and vinyl they collect or receive; banter and smoke with whichever friends and associates drop by. The tools in this genial workshop are on display: assorted keyboards old and new; a mixing desk’s studded plateau; Apple Mac; devices apparently cadged from the army; a battered autochanger turntable used on a Kinesthesia remix for Rephlex (“That Grundig’s fuckin’ hardcore”, says Sean when I spill water on it}. On this array of electronic components the pair recorded their fourth album, Chiastic Slide, the title a cryptic reference to the mercurial qualities of the crossfader.

On the DJ panel or the mixing board, this little slider acts as the magician’s curtain, swishing from side to side to reveal marvels previously hidden. Only now, the way Autechre have engineered things, the curtains have multiplied, there are boxes within boxes, screens hiding screens hiding screens.

There are still technical limitations when they play live, but they’re more enlightened about ways of getting round them. “It’s just like DJing,” explains Sean, "but with 30 tracks and FX and all the other shit that we’ve got up there. But you couldn’t really write your next drum pattern while your present one was running, which is where we want to get."

"We could if we had different equipment," Rob amplifies. "But we opted for a really simple approach to the set-up we had on stage, but gave everything so many branches of branches of branches, you could virtually reshape the structure of what we were doing as long as we put enough there in the first place. What I’m trying to say is, we have so many loops all ricocheting around, if you know what you want in a certain place you just select it from a certain area of a certain loop, and you’re thinking about maybe five or six of these simultaneously. You’ve got a really amorphous set-up."

- http://www.autechre.info/press/wire-feb97.html

A work in progress…

3 Likes

Look at the Roland AIRA EFX line @RiddimFernandez

Thanks will do.

Not yet ! I did not bring a audio interface with me, but soon !

1 Like

congratulations.
i had a rehearsel room in a bunker too about 20 years ago.
it even had a “echo chamber” nextdoors.
it was dead silent in it and you could do as much noise as you like day and night.
but not everything was great.
having no windows could be really depressing.
the first band that moved in there was a death-metal band and everything was black.
once i was in there alone when there was a power cut.
no torch - that was … really black :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha, yeah I understand. This bunker has automatic lights that are activated when someone walks by. But the neon lights are pretty old so it takes about 15-20seconds of slowly flickering light until it’s gets fully illuminated. Reminds me a bit of resident evil, bioshock, doom and the likes…
Must remember to bring the super shotgun with me,… Just for the case that a baron of hell might appear

1 Like

I work in Essen, are there any more rooms left?

I can ask the owner and get back to you. Pm me

1 Like

Oh noes, the window handle… Aaaaaaah…

It opens two ways. Top and side. So I’m safe :slight_smile:

Nono, it has to point down, symmetry, symmetry!!

Been gearless (and homefree) with all my stuff in storage since last May. I’ve been answering OT questions on here for 9 months just so I don’t forget my sh*t (and to help others). Finally been able to bust out at least the :3lektron:'s. Man, this is just part of my full setup and there’s just so many endless possibilities I have a list of things to try in my head and it grows faster than me actually employing them. Been awesome just focusing on these puppies…

New Quan Yin power supply and been sequencing the plant on the left from OT midi tracks… :smile:

Best of all, a view for inspiration!

And thanks @AdamJay for the paint brush tip, works a charm to keep em clean… :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Congrats Open_Mike. It must be a joy to get your hands on them again.

1 Like

Ah you’re that guy. Haha. It’ll knock over my gear if I do. Gear! Gear!

1 Like

My little kitchen-setup :slight_smile: Mostly never used this big room (same size as my living-room) but some weeks ago and after eighteen years I´ve changed that in a three day operation. Now the kitchen makes sense to me :wink:

17 Likes

Looks like some kind of robot… :smile:

4 Likes