Your setups [ 10k Archive]

@Open_Mike I see it!!:laughing::robot:

2 Likes

Sheldon 2.0 :rofl:

1 Like

Very zen like. I could imagine enjoying a cup of Matcha in a very Japanese way here. Nice!

+1 on the paintbrush. I used to use a makeup brush but found the hairs drop out very easily. Not something I want stuck anywhere let alone my beautiful set up. The paintbrushes seem to have more of a sturdier substance holding them together. Hairs do still pop out but they are few and far between to worry about. Maybe a costlier brush would be cause less gripe, I’ve just never spent much time looking.

1 Like

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that the kitchen makes sense to a man.
(Assuming you are a man lol)
My mum always would disappear into that place and return with magical things a few hours later. I still don’t know what happens in that stunning land of beauty and awe lol.

Maybe one day I’ll find out, but I don’t want to spoil the feeling.

1 Like

You’ve never been in my bathroom…

1 Like

lol! You should get out more :wink: The 1920s are long gone.

13 Likes

Thank you! I barely let my wife in the kitchen.

1 Like

Your vertical setup reminded me of Conky from Peewees Playhouse, hah!

Conky-2000

13 Likes

I’ve always wondered about the ergonomics of having machines in a more vertical position. I’ve been tempted by the DT/DN double stand but I’m worried that the top machine would end up being at too much of an angle to be comfortable to use for any length of time.

How do you find it? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Edit: just realised this was not your setup! Would still be interested in niruns thoughts though!

If my setup gets too vertical, it starts to really bother my shoulders. But that’s just me. Maybe rig up a temporary vertical setup and test before buying racks and stands.

1 Like

havent finished a beat in 2 weeks, time for a picture

8 Likes

An update on my setups. The first picture is my home setup and the second my studio setup.

7 Likes

I see this rug in so many studio pics lately :love_you_gesture:

10 Likes

Are your Digitakt and Digitone silver?

1 Like

Yeah hehe - Ikea show up where you least expect it :grinning:. Nice studio btw!

looks at silver tape hanging in top right

3 Likes

the official color is called “Void-Your-Warranty Chrome”

13 Likes

Just got the Output Platform desk to replace my 15 year old wobbly Ikea desk. So much better, now I can have all my gear set up at once without the desk being crowded :slight_smile: New gear includes the Culture Vulture and Neumann headphones. Waiting for Expert Sleepers kit to get 8 separate tracks from the modular into the computer.

29 Likes

24 Likes