Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Run out of horizontal surface so the only way was up. Everything fits fairly well within hand’s reach except for the Minilogue on the top shelf. Loving Sub Phatty for bass sound but it’s on lease from friend and need to return soon. Thinking of A4 for ease of portability to replace the Phatty but can it do the Moogish deep bass? Tested A4 a few years ago and while I loved the sound, I didn’t particularly bond well with the interface. Better to get Moog Sub 37 maybe? Any recommendations will be appreciated.

4 Likes

thats right Virus C is amazing and it has been with me for very-very-very long time:grin: I love it and its hard for me to let it go, but every time when I get my hands on Polar I start dreaming about getting one, those extra features that TI version has are very sexy:sunglasses:

1 Like

Minitaur is great but I somehow bought it twice and let it go twice… May be it was the submenu accessible only via the PC editor which was annoying. Perhaps I need to give it another chance though. Bass Station 2 may also be a good option! Anyone used one hands on? Pros and cons?

ooops :slight_smile:

Hi you have the Prophet 600!!! awesome, great do you have the gligli mod on this synth? like this one.
I want this mod for a prophet so I’m getting the parts. if you have the mod please share some info Thanks

Yes it has the mod installed. Sounds completely different as it gives really snappy envelope and super-fine encoder resolution. Highly recommended if you’re comfortable with soldering.

1 Like

no but i have something can do de job pretty well, so its good to hear a Naut with this experience, really appreciate the update I’m moving forward the mod. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMO Sub37 and A4 do not compare.

I would say, Sub37 is an excellent and affordable Moog, whith many modulation options. The A4 combines a modern sound engine with very flexible waveshapes, huge amount of modulation options, with the typical Elektron sequencer.

Knowing both I would say, the Sub37 is excellent for live playing moog-ish sounds and fiddling with the knobs during the performance, the A4 is good for all those bells and whistles and flexibility of sound design and Elektron sequencing … well … 4 parallel and independently sequenced synth voices, after all. Twiddling the knobs is supported on the A4 too, just differencly. We have the knobs and those macros. It’s only not this “one knob per function” interface, but the interface is logically designed, and after building up some muscle memory, it should become second nature to operate it :wink:

Three years I am without a home to call my own, but this “small” setup is perfect, guitars, amp and pedalboard are under and next to the desk. I love music and making it!

13 Likes

Nice vibes you got there mate!

New setup:

Gone - Analog Keys, Analog Rytm mk1, Octatrack mk1 and Machinedrum UW2+

Replaced with - Subsequent 37, Analog Rytm mk2, Digitakt, Analog Heat and A&H ZED 14

Excited to see what comes out from this little shake up :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Could you get rid of you audio interface? Doesn’t the zed 14 have one built in?

1 Like

Dig that shelf! DIY?

Might be sacrilege, but have you thought of the Behringer D for Moog-like bass? For $300 it’s tempting.

1 Like

Sexy little corner there :yum:

1 Like

The ZED is based on USB 1.1 I think so the audio bandwidth is really crap. Think it’s main out left and right only.

2 Likes

I used to have a Zed 14.
Sounded incredible, and built better than any other mixer in that price range.
However, the USB to audio is terrible, and yes, only main outs.

2 Likes

Sub37 would be perfect for studio and one knob per function is a def plus for quick workflow but it’s too big for the road. A4 can serve live and works well with OT in my setup. May be a good idea to get both…

2 Likes

i have it there for awhile now. Made a few simple (awful) things in it but havent had the time to fully invest. Will look again some day.

DIY! Cost effective.
Behringer D looks interesting (more so than SE-02)! Still not in store :expressionless:

1 Like

Well, the guy renting the Voyager has finally finally decided to buy it and paid :sweat: so now I’m not feeling too gluttonous about having the SSQ37 doing nothing. I’ll just tuck it away till I actually NEED it.